I was just contacted by an Agency

I'm sure nothing will come of it, but I was contacted by a company in LA that does management and production. They wanted to schedule a conference call with me. The gist was they are "always looking for new talent" and had seen the Island. They appear to be small, but also appear to be legit.

I don't want to name them until I've talked to them, but I'll update after the call tomorrow. Even if nothing does come of it, nice to get an email with that big a surprise in it.

Very cool!

The Island was one of my fave short films of 2010.
smiley_cthulhu.gif

Hope it turns into a great opportunity for you. :cool:

Thanks guys!

Like I said, not holding my breath. Even if they wanted to handle me I couldn't take "small" gigs that were located in LA. I could write (they handle writers) or I could arrange a leave from my day job for a big gig, but I can't fly to LA to be 2nd AD on a TV movie or something.

Interesting call.

So, in addition to being an agency they are a production company. One of their interns brought The Island to them and said "You should watch this". They did and liked it. Especially as something that could be made for a low budget. They want me to write a treatment they can shop around and try to get financed.

Is ISLAND the one about the guy in the bomb shelter?
Congrats!
And it's interesting they'd want a treatment, I'd think the short would be better than a treatment were they looking for cash to produce it.

Is ISLAND the one about the guy in the bomb shelter?
Congrats!
And it's interesting they'd want a treatment, I'd think the short would be better than a treatment were they looking for cash to produce it.

Yes it is.
They would use the short as part of the pitch, but it's not a "feature" story. It needs to be fleshed out, probably have more horror elements added to it, what happened before, what happens after, what IS outside, etc... that kind of thing.

Back