I want to film random stuff, help , what does this mean.

I im alone when it comes to this films making stuff. I have just got into this short film hobby but my friends arnt really into it all and don't really see what im trying to do.

I want to film random scenes, like a tramp on the floor who gets shot in the head, a reporter in russia who gets shot in the head. Urban street scenes and fighting, mental army guys. Just a guy smoking a cigerette.

what does this mean, how do i find people lol

You should check out a bunch of Andy Warhol films - some are rather voyeuristic, but many of them document the fairly mundane things that happen every day. Not so much randam, as "themed", I guess.

Maybe not quite the same as what you are into (looks like lots o' violence), but maybe it'll give you some ideas.

Can't think of anyone more contemporary, off the top of my head. :blush:

You should check out craigslist if you around a big city you will find all types of people who would love to be on film doing diff types of things.

Just be careful when on there. There are some real weirdos on there. I should know that's how I found Mad Angel Films lol.

As much as I hate to say it try Facebook and Myspace.

Thanks all some useful info here!... cinemaguerilla you got some strange wierd videos going on there, but quite creative...

getting people to be in a film who you dont know i guess is a risky thing, not only could they be a psycho (could make good film) but would they want to be in somthing so amature... lol

i shall look into it.

It sounds to me like you're just starting from somewhere, the same as anyone getting into filmmaking for the first time. Either you'll keep going with this as a once in a while thing, you'll try to put something together and get it out into the world, you'll get bored and put it aside or you'll use it a springboard into other, different work.

Right now, it's just good that you're interested and have the current means to mess around with that interest.

cinemaguerilla, dont worry about being judged, everyone has some bad videos, i have two "bad" ones on another youtube acount, which i will probably forget about, but im going to stick with my new username on youtube now where i shall upload my stuff

http://www.youtube.com/doomysfilms

barnaclelapse, you are right there with the different possibilities, with a lot of creative "phases" i go though i either get bored or just get defeated, however with this film stuff i seem to be more interested in and cant stop thinking about it.

we'll see, just wish i had more time instead of working!

Back