• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I need good idea or script

OK, I know it's dumb thread. I'm member of amateur film making group here in Croatia.

Right now I'm searching for some good idea for film. We have done around 30 short movies. Some of them are documentaries, fiction movies, music videos etc. Almost every our film was awarded on our national festivals. Some of them have international awards. We are all <20 years old.

If someone has good idea for film, script or something that will help me start new project - PM me. Script or idea will be credited if used. I don't like weapons, fiction or some BIG stuff. We make films about ordinary people that do some unusual stuff, or are in some difficult situation. People that make a lot out of nothing.

All of our films are no-budget. People in USA think that you need a lot of money to produce film. We prove that it's not such a big deal. If someone is interested in our films, PM me. Technically they are not perfect, we recorded last two using Canon XH-A1 and XL1-S...

I would like to do directing and editing/sound post production. Film should be done in Croatia, language: Croatian. But it is OK if you have script in English.

Thank you all in advance! I think people should stop searching for BIG producers right away. Start small.

I'm sorry for my bad English ;)

Racial issues are so worth mining for comedy, you don't even know. I agree that people probably don't try to look out for the movies about racial movies. BUT WE CAN CHANGE THAT! With the right script and talent, we could soar to heights unimaginable and reshape the discussion on race.

Racism will always be a sellable topic, because of the conflict inherent to the issue. It makes for good drama. Crash, anybody?

As for COMEDY being 'a vehicle for teaching' ... (again, just imo) ... I wonder how many folks go to Comedies to be TAUGHT.

I go to Documentaries for that ...

Maybe that's why I get tossed out of so many documentaries for laughing too loudly! :hmm:

Interesting. What's better therapy, laughing at the absurdity of it, or crying at the reality?

There is a message in everything. That's what filmmaking and art is all about. Some lessons are best served cold, others hot, others through laughter.

Perhaps I'm just getting tired of the notion where everyone believes Obama is the savior and the Messiah who is going to bring an end to all of the suffering and hatred in the world. And your "racism is done" comment did make me laugh out loud. Personally, I would love to see that happen, but the feasibility of it is just as plausible as purple aliens turning the human race into hermaphrodite sex slaves.

And clearly I did consider your submission or else I would not have responded to it. ;)

Edit: A side note, I was fresh off a couple pitchers of Fosters and some Hooters hot wings when I posted my reply to your submission, so there was definitely some alcohol talking there. Nothing personal intended.

Last edited:
Spatula, I like it. Nice twist on the subject matter and you got some epic stakes (the world). I'm only staying away from actually showing aliens because I don't have that kind of a budget and I can't imagine the Croatians have it either. But that might make for a sweet feature :P

Spatula, I like it. Nice twist on the subject matter and you got some epic stakes (the world). I'm only staying away from actually showing aliens because I don't have that kind of a budget and I can't imagine the Croatians have it either. But that might make for a sweet feature :P

According to some people who claim to be in contact with alien races, there are several types.. the greys apparently are the descendants of modern humanity who have traveled back in time to harvest the DNA needed to save their mutating genes...

The people from the Pleiades are human-like, usually 7-12 feet tall and resemble very closely descriptions of "the arian race", "Atlanteans" or the Mayan god Quetzalcoatl... tall, blond hair and blue eyes... otherwise, typically human.

The people from Sirius are apparently so similar looking to us that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.. in fact, they are apparently HERE right now, among us.

Thus, you could get creative with your budget and show aliens in ways that can be affordable and effective... even in Star Trek half the aliens were mostly humanoid.. and remember "Earth Girls Are Easy"? That couldn't have cost too much at the time. You could use devices like parasites or mind control to gain human-actor alien hosts... which could work into the plot to add more suspense (is he a human or alien???) and give you some good twists. Be careful not to be cliche about it though...

GRAND TORINO

I heard about this from a co-worker today.... apparently this movie is AMAZING, and the most intense racial material, like, since the days of slavery.... I totally gotta see this now. Clint is supposedly the ULTIMATE bad-ass! (again)

Last edited:
GRAN TORINO?

Looks great, getting great reviews ...

I'm looking forward to going to see it, yeah, so I can COUNT THE LAUGHS! :D

Perhaps I'm just getting tired of the notion where everyone believes Obama is the savior and the Messiah who is going to bring an end to all of the suffering and hatred in the world.

Well, I hear alot of people CLAIM other people say things like that ...
but I've been around alot of Obama supporters (volunteered at the local office, etc) and I've NEVER heard an actual Obama supporter say anything like that.

He came here to give a speech and he had 2000 people, black & white, young & old, shouting and enthusiastic ... I even shook his hand as he went down the line of folks eager to meet him ...

I shook Obama's hand -- and I STILL need eyeglasses! Whatta RIP! :hmm:
So no, he ISN'T 'the Saviour' and his touch doesn't heal, etc!

And your "racism is done" comment did make me laugh out loud.

Hey, as long as you took the comment IN ITS ACTUAL CONTEXT:

Racism is done ... if not dead in the hearts and minds of racists everywhere (of which they be many) ... but done and passe as a TOPIC for a movie.

Not done as an real ISSUE ... but done as a saleable topic for a movie.

Then I'm glad I gave you a laff riot !!! :yes:

Personally, I would love to see that happen, but the feasibility of it is just as plausible as purple aliens turning the human race into hermaphrodite sex slaves.

Coming SOON to a movie theater near you!

Back