I made good Beer

I've always wanted to make beer. So, for Christmas Karen got me a beer making kit. This past week I was able to give it a taste. It's GOOD. Very smooth. If I bought this, I'd go back for more.

The trick is to see if it's as good the second time around.

My ultimate goal, make a stout as good as Guiness. Or die trying.

We were in NC or TN and were walking around a little town, when I saw a person with a bottle that said "Milk Stout". I had to try it. It's absolutely AMAZING. Not as good as Guiness, but comes in a close second (to me). It's made by Duck Rabbit Brewery. If you're ever in the NC/TN area, check it out.

We drove about 6 months ago to NC to get Lexington BBQ (yep 600 miles for food). I loaded up the car with 4 cases of Stout. It didn't take long for them all to empty out.

Duck Rabbit

I'm intrigued by your stout and am interested in subscribing to your newsletter and/or taste testing any sample efforts.

sounds good!, the only brewing experience i have is making balloon wine in my bedroom, which tasted pretty nasty i have to say :P at least it was drinkable!

We were in NC or TN and were walking around a little town, when I saw a person with a bottle that said "Milk Stout". I had to try it. It's absolutely AMAZING.

If you get a chance, try the Milk Stout from Left Hand Brewery - very good stuff. And seems like you are into the stouts you can try and get a Stone Imperial Russian Stout or if you are a little more adventuresome, there is always Goose Island's Bourbon County Stout, Founder's (name of Brewery/Restaurant?) Canadian Breakfast Stout and even the Blue Grass Brewing Co.'s Bourbon Stout. Sorry, I'm a bit of a beer nerd and love me some stouts and porters...

Sweet! This is very encouraging since I am bottling my first homebrew batch this weekend!!! (I also got the kit for Christmas).

ussinners - please keep us posted on your progress.

Guess all film makers love their brew.

Along one of our main roads is this creepy 20 foot clown. Probably back from the 50s or 60s. What we didn't realize it's advertising a great liquor store. A huge old supermarket that sells all kinds of micro-brewery beer and those big champagne bottle home brews from the monks. Good stuff.

Back