• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

I made a Cinematic 4k Drone video in the Dolomites!

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the "fly by VR" headset DJI sells. It was a game changer for me, and really made it easier to fly the drone and frame the shots, especially in tighter spaces.

here's a segment from a film I shot using the DJI VR rig.

Stunning!!!!! But the battle scene music had me LOLing. No offense, but I thought you might want to know how it was perceived. Beautiful work!

It's like something I'd expect to hear in an HBO trailer for their top shows. But I loved the visuals and edit. The drone photography was amazing.

Guy's killing it on composition. Music takes sooo long to get right. It's the easiest part, but it's very time consuming to get a good result. I think that's why music and sound feel like an afterthought on many reels, including some of mine. If you want the music and sound to be exactly what it should be, you can end up spending as much or more time editing sound as you do on the picture.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread, just saying, selecting a perfect track for thing x is important, but it can literally take days to find exactly the right match for a video you shot in an afternoon. Sometimes it's a choice between two videos, or one video with an ideal soundtrack.

Really glad to see stuff like this. More indie filmmakers should add drones into their kit. They add so much production value without a lot of investment. And it's a lot more fun to fly them than it is to lug around a 40lb gimbal, lol.

Of course! It was just a little over the top, almost to the point of parody (like those sketches with dramatic music to something comedic) due to it being so dramatic but visually serene. I thought he might want to know. And this may just be me.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the "fly by VR" headset DJI sells. It was a game changer for me, and really made it easier to fly the drone and frame the shots, especially in tighter spaces.

here's a segment from a film I shot using the DJI VR rig.

Oh thanks for the advice! No I don't have it but looking to your video it looks really useful! I'll have to get it 😁

Guy's killing it on composition. Music takes sooo long to get right. It's the easiest part, but it's very time consuming to get a good result. I think that's why music and sound feel like an afterthought on many reels, including some of mine. If you want the music and sound to be exactly what it should be, you can end up spending as much or more time editing sound as you do on the picture.

Sorry, didn't mean to derail the thread, just saying, selecting a perfect track for thing x is important, but it can literally take days to find exactly the right match for a video you shot in an afternoon. Sometimes it's a choice between two videos, or one video with an ideal soundtrack.

Really glad to see stuff like this. More indie filmmakers should add drones into their kit. They add so much production value without a lot of investment. And it's a lot more fun to fly them than it is to lug around a 40lb gimbal, lol.
I'm glad you appreciated my work and I thank you for all the advice you are giving me. This is my first drone and before this trip I had never used it, so many shots are not great. I agree with you about the music indeed it wasn't simple to edit this video 😅

You may want to try working with a composer. Many on this site have offered services, even free. What you could do is a rough edit, send to the composer so they can create a track, then, you edit to that track (they are not editing to your visuals they are just getting the feel right). This way you can comment on and approve the track, and then edit to the finished music. You can also listen to their library to pick out something similar as a refence track.

You may want to try working with a composer. Many on this site have offered services, even free. What you could do is a rough edit, send to the composer so they can create a track, then, you edit to that track (they are not editing to your visuals they are just getting the feel right). This way you can comment on and approve the track, and then edit to the finished music. You can also listen to their library to pick out something similar as a refence track.
Oh it's really interesting, I didn't know that! 😮 Thank you so much for these tips!

Back