I know this is a little late, but better than never! =)

Hey guys I've been registered for a few months but have only been posting for a few weeks. My names Josh, I own a production company with a few of my friends. We go by L.I.F.E., it stands for Lethal Injection Film Entertainment. We are based in the Bay Area (Northern California) we make 2+ shorts a month. We just finished our first 48 hour film festival. We are currently working on 2 other projects. If you are in the area and ever want to collab send me a PM or an email. Our website is www.enterlifenow.com if you want to check us out. Thanks for reading, and I'll see ya around the forums!

Ha! Thanks Zen. Well sometimes it can be as much as 4, we are no budget and our first 30 or so shorts were the 4 of us all having the day off calling each other and saying lets make something. Then we'd come up with an idea and improv the rest. Only recently have we been doing storyboards and such. I think the improv really helped us get the timing down and improve our overall skills in filming. (acting, directing, editing, lighting). Our two biggest downfalls right now are lighting and sound.

P.S. Thanks Zen for always finding time to comment on my threads! =)

Have you thought about asking around to see if there are any Grad students or post-grand students who've studied in either of the two areas you're missing?

Most will be looking to rack up their CV's, so they'll have access to equipment from their place of education and will likely be willing to jump on the learning steam-train with you guys.

You might get lucky, it's definitely worth a try.

We did it when we first started out, that was about three years ago, the post-grads where older than i was, yet here we are with a steady crew ready to shoot at the drop of a hat.

Don't be afraid to stray from the team, get yourselves on other sets with other teams in any position possible. Sure you won't get paid, but the people you meet, plenty are likely to be in the same position as yourself, and would welcome collaboration.

very nice, are you interested in making a feature film, my name is samuel and i live in LA, i have finished a couple scripts for low budget crime feature that i would like to make independently, sort of a slumdog millionare meets paid in full, let me know if you want to collaborate, i am looking to assemble a crew and make a hit that will get us recognition

very nice, are you interested in making a feature film, my name is samuel and i live in LA, i have finished a couple scripts for low budget crime feature that i would like to make independently, sort of a slumdog millionare meets paid in full, let me know if you want to collaborate, i am looking to assemble a crew and make a hit that will get us recognition

I'd love to hear more! Shoot me an email at JoshKeane@enterlifenow.com

Back