I just got another server!

TWELVE hard drives?!
smiley_mono.gif

Well yea, that goes ontop of my other D1000 Plus the 4 I have in the PC So that's 28 harddrives... WooHoo... Damn I need more!

What I like is that they have dual power supplies, and since I have 2 dedicated circuits in my office, I can plug them into each one, so if one goes out, they still keep runn;n.

I have about a 1Tb... only half is HotSwappable and redundant though.

Man! My office will sure be warm in winter! 26 SCSI drives whining... that's crazy!

TBs aren't hard to get these days actually. Get a nice LaCY TB external drive and you're set :)

Coot - sounds like you electric bills must be off the charts!

That's true. TBs are pretty easy to get. I mean you can get a 250gb harddrive for a couple hundred bucks, and install 4 of them in your PC gives you 1TB.... but I need stability and no down time or loss of data. I'm looking for security and speed rather than as much disk space as I can get... Although, I can say that my servers and drives and controller card cost me less than the Lacie TB.

Energy bill is fine... I don't leave it on all the time. Only when rendering or editing. Never noticed a difference in the energy bill.

It's cool when that thing starts up too... Or when you turn it off... all these SCSI drived wind down...lol

SirLaosson said:
We are working on the short for Revelation. We have 5 hours of footage now. I'm going to need 1TB soon.

Good god, man!

You are working on a short... and you have 5 hours of footage?! :huh:

What is your ratio... and why?

What format are you shooting your film in? HD? DV? or what?

I assume you're going to be using uncompressed footage in Post, right?

If you're doing it in DV, then you need less throughput that HD.

I would reccomend a FireWire800 drive. It's the latest technology right now and even if you don't have it on your PC, you can get a firewire card.

I didn't catch that Zen... Damn.. 5 hours for a short! :hmm:

And I thought 40 min of footage for my 5 min short was a lot!!! :weird:

Zensteve said:
Good god, man!

You are working on a short... and you have 5 hours of footage?! :huh:

What is your ratio... and why?

Alot of camera angles and it give me alot more footage to work with. Going to shoot another hour later to day.

CootDog said:
What format are you shooting your film in? HD? DV? or what?

I assume you're going to be using uncompressed footage in Post, right?

If you're doing it in DV, then you need less throughput that HD.

I would reccomend a FireWire800 drive. It's the latest technology right now and even if you don't have it on your PC, you can get a firewire card.

I didn't catch that Zen... Damn.. 5 hours for a short! :hmm:

And I thought 40 min of footage for my 5 min short was a lot!!! :weird:

DV... I'll check it out.

How do this sound for my new movie (A.D.D. I LOVE IT)

A young musician Kay White is thrown into a world of murder when a seriel killer is taken by her beauty. Two FBI agents Eva Villarreal () and Alen Reed (SirLaosson Dara) was send to investigate the seriel murders. The seriel killer begins to stalk both Kay White and the two FBI agents. Unknown to the FBI agents the seriel killer have an hidden agenda.

That just for today I have another 4 hours to go.

Edit
Sorry about that
It's four shorts 15 min, 45 mins, 60min and 25 min.

Last edited:
Hey Coot!

You should celebrate your new (obscenely large) server by posting more stills of that captain-lady, in your film.
smiley_creepy.gif

We're having a production meeting this weekend so I just might have something for you to see soon...

SirLao... Are you planning on entering the shorts into festivals? and if so, which?

Back