I have the camera, now onto the other equipment!

Right, I have just bought a CP16A and I am now looking at the other equipment I will need.

Most importantly:

• Tripod
  • Shotgun Mic
  • Boom Pole
  • MiniDisc Recorder

Onbiously I am on a budget after just buying the camera. First off how can I tell if a tripod is up to holding a CP16 properly in terms of strength and sturdyness?

For example would this be too weak?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Velbon-VEB-3-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Being a newb, how can I tell the difference between something aimed at cameras and something aimed at motion picture cameras?

Also how cheap can I go with the shotgun mic? Obivously the 15 quid ebay jobbies will suck big time, but realistically how cheap can I go with one of these?

Is it reasonable in your situation to bring on an audio person who already owns equipment rather than buying a mic, boom and recorder now?

Well I do not know anyone personally who owns the kit and because my University is ridiuclous I cannot use ANY equipment for private projects.

The minidisc recorder is pocket change and I can easily build a decent boom pole but decent quality mics seems to ranging high up in the hundreds.

As for the tripod I was thinking of something a bit more lightweight and portable.

Back