I have *seen* F9/11 and here is what I think...

I have *seen* F9/11 and here is what I think...

• Mr Moore hit the nail square on the head. An American patriot!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kinda biased, but the facts were all there.

• It was a dis-service to journalism, and documentaries.

• Mr Moore is a commie-pinko muckraker with an axe to grind

• What does a tubby-tubby two-by-four know about politics, anyway?

• Total voters
Here is a VERY relevant link:

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com

I think it's a pretty honest site that doesn't exaggerate or underestimate Moore's lies.

...Also, here's a movie about Moore that will come out in August. I'm going to try to see it:

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com

If you look at Michael Moore's own site, you'll notice that he never adresses any of this stuff. Why? He definitely knows about these accusations.

As a person who does NOT support the Bush administration, I loathe Moore. He is making a bad name for documentary filmmakers...and considering the fact that he's the most famous one, this angers me.

It also angers me that his film Farenheit 9/11 discredits legitamate criticizms of Bush by making stupid claims and basically lying to the public (who, by the way, trusts what he has to say).

Oh well...I've emailed him, but that's about all I'm going to do about it.

I don't think the public really trusts what he has to say. I think that everyone knows he's bias, and he knows they know it. People know that seeing his films is seeing one side. Of course he's bias, cause he's talkng about his point of view. But people know that it's not ment to be taken as all there is to the situation, and people should leave the movie thinking "that's one person's opinion". It's the kind of movie that the viewers should be doing their own research as well. I think people know that, and I think people are smarter than some people here give them credit for.

Just as an aside... I talked with our local theater owner who's running F911. He tells me that people are thanking him for showing "the truth."

He also tells me that the general mood of the crowd after seeing the movie is 'upset.' His comment was, "if Mr. Bush got run over outside the theater, I don't think anyone coming out would offer him help."

Is it possible to admire the killer business instinct of the guy who's making the "Michael Moore Hates America" movie without being able to stomach anything else about the idea? Talk about cashing in...

Tine said:
I don't think the public really trusts what he has to say. I think that everyone knows he's bias, and he knows they know it. People know that seeing his films is seeing one side. Of course he's bias, cause he's talkng about his point of view. But people know that it's not ment to be taken as all there is to the situation, and people should leave the movie thinking "that's one person's opinion". It's the kind of movie that the viewers should be doing their own research as well. I think people know that, and I think people are smarter than some people here give them credit for.

People know he's biased. They even know that the film is one sided...but they don't know that one of the congressmen he asks to sign up his kid for military service didn't even have a kid....they don't know that the Bin Ladens were only allowed to leave the country at the same time as everyone else was allowed to travel (it's incinuated that they got a pass out of the country when all other flights were grounded)..they don't know that in the coalition, along with small island nations, were Spain, Japan, Poland, and Britain...They think that what is presented is trustworthy. It's not. It doesn't even give a GLIMPSE of the other side of the story.

As filmmakers, we know Moore's tactics, but to the average person he's an award winning director who has uncovered the truth behind Bush's presidency. Infact, I would argue that even the board at cannes doesn't know about Moore's past inaccuracies, let alone his present decietfulness. Hopefully it will all be brought to light by the mainstream media one of these days...until then, Moore is a hero to MANY people.

stbd1 said:
Is it possible to admire the killer business instinct of the guy who's making the "Michael Moore Hates America" movie without being able to stomach anything else about the idea? Talk about cashing in...

I think the title is a tad too...I don't want to say "harsh", but...the title makes the movie sound like it will be more propaganda I guess.

Other than the title though, I think that guy is a genius. I wish him the best of luck, and I hope that his movie will get a great distribution deal.

Well I guess I still like him cause at least it get's people talking, like us. I mean, maybe everyone in the US knew that he sat in that room with those kids not doing anything when he first heard about the attacks, but I didn't. And the weapons of mass distruction, that;'s what I was mad about. That all those people thought they were fighting for something, but they were attacking for nothing. I know that there are things in the movie that are not true, and I'm not a film maker. But again with knowing that we should be doing our own research too. You said people don't know that some of them didn't have kids, well that's what I mean by bias. People know this is a possability, it even crossed my mind as I was watching the film. I don't take it as the truth, I take it as something that should be looked into. I thought that was the general idea, but I guess the public doesn't think so. Too bad.

Not everyone knows he's Bias....

My friend, who's 18 and hasn't had much if any parental guidance, believes every word he says....Gets old if you ever try to debate politics with him "Moore says this, Moore says that..."

This film wasn't meant for us, Tine (smart and/or informed people). It was made to...brainwash ignorant/uninformed people into getting Bush out of office. Some...no, most people may walk away from that movie and never question a single thing in it.

I think the truth would get Bush out of office anyway...but this movie should have been made (or at least presented) differently.

Back in the day, you could believe what a documentary filmmaker said. Nowadays you have to find out from different sources whether you can trust the film or not.

There are so many GREAT documentaries out there...why did Moore rise to the top?!

He's like a god among documenters...AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

It's seriously a nightmare to me...I was just starting to gain faith in this nation that we are smarter than we used to be...better than we used to be...

...I thought that Moore would rise above his past and rise above making propaganda (which is what he ridicules Bush for). I never thought he would lower himself to Bush's level.

I figured that, now that Moore is famous, he won't have to lie to get attention...I'm going to cry (not really).

Im sort of sitting on the fense here. I am a moderate Republic who voted for Bush and Im very ashamed at what he is doing for Corperate America and Against the average man.

Seems like the Middle Class like my Wife and I always get screwed. He talked about giving us more back in tax returns but all we got was a tax advancment check which just means we get it earler in the year from the rest of the tax returns. A Big let down.

And if you're like me and Live in California you will remember that in the summer of 2001 (Just before 9/11) that we got our 300 dollar per child credit break. So my wife and I got 600 bucks. but guess what.. Here came the rolling black outs and the price gouging by none other then Enron (That the bush family just happens to be invested in) and other Oil companies linked to the Bush Dynasty.

So I see it as Bush channeling tax dollars to the average person and then Jacking up oil and Electric prices to take back the money given to the people. We paid 3 times as much in our A/C that year. Normally it was 100 dollars a month and that year we spent 300 dollars on the same Kilo Watage Hours.

The man wants to flood California with illegal cheap labor from mexico and that puts a huge burden on the Average family. Only big companies will profit from cheap immagration.

But Clinton was just as evil. so basically Moore is just making money off of his books and films for talking about the obvious but he tends to manipulate truths to make bigger profits.

Politics is a cash cow for guys like this. He makes me laugh when he acts like he really cares about people in his documentary.

Winston was taking part in a demonstration in one of the central London squares at the moment when it happened. It was night, and the white faces and the scarlet banners were luridly floodlit. The square was packed with several thousand people, including a block of about a thousand schoolchildren in the uniform of the Spies. On a scarlet-draped platform an orator of the Inner Party, a small lean man with disproportionately long arms and a large bald skull over which a few lank locks straggled, was haranguing the crowd. A little Rumpelstiltskin figure, contorted with hatred, he gripped the neck of the microphone with one hand while the other, enormous at the end of a bony arm, clawed the air menacingly above his head. His voice, made metallic by the amplifiers, boomed forth an endless catalogue of atrocities, massacres, deportations, lootings, rapings, torture of prisoners, bombing of civilians, lying propaganda, unjust aggressions, broken treaties. It was almost impossible to listen to him without being first convinced and then maddened. At every few moments the fury of the crowd boiled over and the voice of the speaker was drowned by a wild beast-like roaring that rose uncontrollably from thousands of throats. The most savage yells of all came from the schoolchildren.

Orwell, "1984" 8)

King Goldfish said:
Im sort of sitting on the fense here. I am a moderate Republic who voted for Bush and Im very ashamed at what he is doing for Corperate America and Against the average man.

Seems like the Middle Class like my Wife and I always get screwed. He talked about giving us more back in tax returns but all we got was a tax advancment check which just means we get it earler in the year from the rest of the tax returns. A Big let down.

And if you're like me and Live in California you will remember that in the summer of 2001 (Just before 9/11) that we got our 300 dollar per child credit break. So my wife and I got 600 bucks. but guess what.. Here came the rolling black outs and the price gouging by none other then Enron (That the bush family just happens to be invested in) and other Oil companies linked to the Bush Dynasty.

So I see it as Bush channeling tax dollars to the average person and then Jacking up oil and Electric prices to take back the money given to the people. We paid 3 times as much in our A/C that year. Normally it was 100 dollars a month and that year we spent 300 dollars on the same Kilo Watage Hours.

The man wants to flood California with illegal cheap labor from mexico and that puts a huge burden on the Average family. Only big companies will profit from cheap immagration.

So you're blaming Bush for California's problems? That's a new one.

Poke

Poke said:
King Goldfish said:

So you're blaming Bush for California's problems? That's a new one.

Poke

Umm yeah. Texas runs billboards in the state of California in which Bush help pay for that read "Texas, We dont have rolling blackouts here" its aimed at the dot com corporations of San Jose to move their industries to the State of Texas where rent is cheaper and there is plenty of fuel to run the electrical Companies.

Did you hear the 2 CEOs who were caught on audio tape when one of the employees recorded a phone conversation. They laughed about screwing old women over for their Social Security checks and one mimics an old woman saying "Please sir dont take my money.. its all i have" and the other guy saying "Fuck you old woman" then they both have a laugh.

one of those guys was the guy that commited suicide after being investigated.

And Bush who was known to make deals for enron and whos best friend in Highschool was an enron VP at one time and who has shares in the company is the one that paid for advertisments of billboards in the state of California.

This would be like the state of California jacking up the price of Lumber, Citrus Foods, and all the other foods we grow in this state and watch house prices in Texas sky rocket because lumber cost them 5 times as much which means it would be passed on the consumer then to have the state of California pay for highway billboards that read "Come to california where home prices are affordable" (Which is unforturnatly not true in the silicon valley.. but its the point im trying to get across)

Yes, G W Bush is to blame for many things. He has nothing to do with the republican movement. he is just a greedy corporate man trying to make deal and leave the average man to fend for himself.

Why is it we are spending billions on trying to keep Terrorist out of our country but we open the border to cheap illegal labor that Mexico considered peasant workers.

Is Bush to blame? hell yes he is. Is he helping CIA crash planes into Buildings? no.. i think thats a little bit silly.. but yes I believe he must have laugh with all his little redneck buddies down in TEXASS screw the rich yuppies out of their money.. but the only ones who are hurt are the many poor old people on subsidized income.

so "So you're blaming Bush for California's problems?" Not all of Californias problem just the major ones that are affecting me. an unprecedented amount of illegal immagration and us having the highest gasoline and electricity prices in the entire nation even over hawaii.

Illegal immigrants may seem like it's causing problems in C.A., but it is just as rampant (if not more so) in Texas, which is a state that is doing great in many ways (especially economic).

Now, immigrants may affect different places/economies differently; but it is not always negative for Americans...In Texas, I would say that most people are somewhat sympathetic to immigrants, and almost no one here believes that immigrants (illegal or not) take our jobs. I think that perception is a bit skewed...

...It's like a filmmaker saying that making filming equipment affordable to everyone is disrupting his/her job as a professional. Competition breeds greatness...even if it's a bit one sided.

Now, I don't agree with Bush's plans on this issue (he seems to want to make illegals legal...no tests, no processes, nothing...I think), but I'm just saying...it should be a little bit easier for Mexicans to work here legally.

Hold on...

...I was going to link to an article about immigration (here's the guy's site...find the article yourself or just read his hilarious rants: http://maddox.xmission.com) , but I couldn't find it.

...AAaaaaaanyway, I just want to mention this since were talking politics:

I saw a clip on the Daily Show today. It was Bush giving a speech about the newly found info that the war was carried out based on false information. In it, Bush said, "We all thought Iraq had weapons of mass destruction...I did, congress did...but they DID have the CAPABILITY to make those weapons, and they DID hate America..."

WOW.

This clip broke my heart. I realize that it was taken out of context, but the fact that the President...the LEADER OF OUR NATION...the man who represents us to the world..said something so STUPID infuriates me. I don't know why he is like this, I just don't know a lot of things about him. I will NOT vote for him now...no matter what.

Your thoughts?

Back