i got a new idea + looking for work

i got a new idea for a movie and i was wondering if anybody wants to work on a movie .its a romance/teen movie about a teenage guitarist that discovers talent from a singer (whose a girl) and looks for work for the two of them. i want a decent lenght from 90 _ 150 mins . i want a prouduction team who wants to go a little bit more then privite film. i at least want direct to dvd. anyboduy wanna work with me

i got a new idea for a movie and i was wondering if anybody wants to work on a movie .its a romance/teen movie about a teenage guitarist that discovers talent from a singer (whose a girl) and looks for work for the two of them. i want a decent lenght from 90 _ 150 mins . i want a prouduction team who wants to go a little bit more then privite film. i at least want direct to dvd. anyboduy wanna work with me

If you think your idea would make a good movie, why don't you roll up your sleeves and write the script? If you don't know how to write a screenplay and don't want to learn, then go and find someone who does.

If the script is good, you can then pitch it to producers and production companies, if nobody bites you can produce it yourself

Do you want to make the movie, or do you want someone to make the movie for you and pay you for your great idea? If it's the latter, you will be dissapointed.

If you think your idea would make a good movie, why don't you roll up your sleeves and write the script? If you don't know how to write a screenplay and don't want to learn, then go and find someone who does.

If the script is good, you can then pitch it to producers and production companies, if nobody bites you can produce it yourself

Do you want to make the movie, or do you want someone to make the movie for you and pay you for your great idea? If it's the latter, you will be dissapointed.

nobodys gonna look at my idea in the real world . im 15 , id be wasting there time. i need someone whose at least over 18 to help me write and direct it

nobodys gonna look at my idea in the real world . im 15 , id be wasting there time. i need someone whose at least over 18 to help me write and direct it

Dude, we've had filmmakers as young as nine posting their films here on the forums. :rolleyes:

Heck, forum-member Brandon Cherry lives down in your country and has been pumping out films since at least your age, if not younger. Phil Arntz & Nick Hilton (also forum-members) also started as teens. Heck, they still are!

Never use your age as an excuse to not try. :cool:

i also want to co_write co_direct , edit and star in this movie

You don't want much do you?

And yes, when I was 15 I was shooting corporates for local companies incl. one of the metro radio stations. Just because you are x years old doesn't mean anything. I've seen 30 year olds who don't know how to hold a camera and I've seen 14 year olds who actually make half decent stuff.

It's all about your quality of work, using anything as an excuse is just that - an excuse. There's no big red box on a screenplay that reads: For your information, the writer of this script is 15, so don't take him seriously.

How is that story going to develop into 150 minute film? You need to refine your ideas a bit more and write out a plan before presenting it to people to work with.

I made 12 films (shot on film) between the ages of 12 and 15. None
with the help of anyone over 18. I made my first "serious" short film
at age 16. I got some help from some older people because I showed
them I was serious and would actually make and finish a film. That film
(shot on film) won several awards.

No filmmaker or writer thinks making a movie is a waste of time.

Okay, you have several reasons why you can't make a movie or write
a script. Can you come up with any reasons why you CAN?

I made 12 films (shot on film) between the ages of 12 and 15. None
with the help of anyone over 18. I made my first "serious" short film
at age 16. I got some help from some older people because I showed
them I was serious and would actually make and finish a film. That film
(shot on film) won several awards.

No filmmaker or writer thinks making a movie is a waste of time.

Okay, you have several reasons why you can't make a movie or write
a script. Can you come up with any reasons why you CAN?

i can , but i want this to goo to tv , cinema or direct to dvd . and that takes great expectations

At your age you can have great expectations. But you need to
sit down and take the time to write. If you wait until someone
older agrees to help you will be older.

I see you chose not to answer my question. That's fine. If
you feel the only way to do this is to wait until someone
over 18 will help you write that's the way you should go.

Good luck! I hope you find your co-writer and co-director.

At your age you can have great expectations. But you need to
sit down and take the time to write. If you wait until someone
older agrees to help you will be older.

I see you chose not to answer my question. That's fine. If
you feel the only way to do this is to wait until someone
over 18 will help you write that's the way you should go.

Good luck! I hope you find your co-writer and co-director.

wait i had a thought. ive written a few scripts for tv series but my videos mainly suck. orignally the pilot for nostalgists (my baby im working on ) was going to be an indi film. then i deceided to try and make a tv movie. maybe i should make sn indi film to show as a sample. thanks youve inspired me directorik

Dude, we've had filmmakers as young as nine posting their films here on the forums. :rolleyes:

Heck, forum-member Brendan Cherry lives down in your country and has been pumping out films since at least your age, if not younger. Phil Arntz & Nick Hilton (also forum-members) also started as teens. Heck, they still are!

Never use your age as an excuse to not try. :cool:

Hey it's me.. haha

'Weirdbox', I'm 18 and have had no films distributed and haven't even looked at Freemantle yet. I've been making 'films' since age 13 but didn't get my first recognised basically anywhere till I was 16 or 17 which was at a small festival in my own city/town. The first to actually leave my town got shown somewhere in California (so it left the country too!) but that is from trial and error on my part.

I'm literally finishing year 12 next Monday and am going to spend the holidays writing scripts. Next year in my spare time I will Produce and Direct as many of them as I can, not even bothering to look for distribution till I'm done editing, then I might send a few off to festivals, there's plenty enough in Australia, the rest I'll post on YouTube and even here, get some feedback and take that advice for my next film.

Freemantle Media is highly unlikely to look at you not because you are young, but because you have nothing really to show to them (apart from your script). They'll probably only produce something of somebody's who has some kind of exposure somewhere, maybe placing well in a large scale film festival. Who knows.

My advice though is get out a camera, or find some buddies your age, and visualize some of your ideas. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I'm pretty sure a lot of TV shows (especially more indie ones) don't get picked up until they have an actual Pilot filmed, and then the directors/producers send it to a distributor and thats when the rest of your series starts. Good luck :)

Last edited:
Hey it's me.. haha

'Weirdbox', I'm 18 and have had no films distributed and haven't even looked at Freemantle yet. I've been making 'films' since age 13 but didn't get my first recognised basically anywhere till I was 16 or 17 which was at a small festival in my own city/town. The first to actually leave my town got shown somewhere in California (so it left the country too!) but that is from trial and error on my part.

I'm literally finishing year 12 next Monday and am going to spend the holidays writing scripts. Next year in my spare time I will Produce and Direct as many of them as I can, not even bothering to look for distribution till I'm done editing, then I might send a few off to festivals, there's plenty enough in Australia, the rest I'll post on YouTube and even here, get some feedback and take that advice for my next film.

Freemantle Media is highly unlikely to look at you not because you are young, but because you have nothing really to show to them (apart from your script). They'll probably only produce something of somebody's who has some kind of exposure somewhere, maybe placing well in a large scale film festival. Who knows.

My advice though is get out a camera, or find some buddies your age, and visualize some of your ideas. I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I'm pretty sure a lot of TV shows (especially more indie ones) don't get picked up until they have an actual Pilot filmed, and then the directors/producers send it to a distributor and thats when the rest of your series starts. Good luck :)
thanks for the advice. we should work together . like i said im making a 70 minute movie in the holidays hopefully. ill have to chat to you later

Back