• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I finished my first draft

Just so every one knows, I actually finished something, to some degree. This is a big deal for me since, in my long career of writing (literally since I was 8) I have finished one thing, count it, ONE, of substantial length and structure. So to finish a 98 page first draft of a screenplay (or 98 pages of anything really) is by far the biggest accomplishment I've made. Not just when it comes to writing either, I'm putting this in like my Top 10 Proudest Moments Of My Whole Life Ever.
Wow. I'm so amazed.

Anyway, just wanted to share with fellow writers :D

And I wanted to say thank you, thank you, thank you! The people on this site have helped me so much already, especially Buddy and CF. Your advice and coaching and general words of wisdom have been invaluable. I'm so glad I stumbled onto this site. You are all such wonderful people.

<3

ang

P.S. Yes, I realise a first draft is hardly something to get so excited about and that I still have a long way to go if I want to make this into a film, but seriously, this is huge for me. I've been working on the same story since I was 16 and am inclined to think it will never be finished. Just to illustrate how bad I am at finishing things.

I'm so glad I came across this thread! I've been working on the same script since I was 18, and I'm 31 now and I'm still not finished with a first draft!

I need to stop being such a perfectionist and just get it done, and your thread is a great inspiration to someone like me who is equally, if not moreso, bad at finishing things.

Holy crap, welcome to my world! :lol:

To the OP, congrats on the first draft. You've taken your first step into a larger world. :cheers:

Back