I can't believe it!

My short is done!

Heartfelt thanks to IndieTalkers Alcove Audio & Mitchell Gibbs for making this little short sound like a movie.

Full report to come.

Apologies. The film isn't online anywhere yet. I'm still assessing appropriate next steps.
Strange, now that I'm wrapped I've found time to clean my garage.

Thanks for the kind words Bob.

AUDIO POST SERVICES - Alcove Audio - Bob Kessler
Alcove Audio provided all the audio services for my short film, Last Exit. Other than the score, Bob did everything including perform an additional music track we needed to fill a hole. He really put his mark on the project, including make a number of excellent dialogue choices that helped with both nuanced character moments and overall storytelling. Bob, you made my film much better. Thank you.

SCORE - Mitchell Gibbs
My search for a Composer was difficult and Google provided me with an overwhelming number of options. I also rummaged through Indie Talk (the "search" feature works kids!), listening to everything I found. I wanted a bespoke score that would compliment the moments as they appeared on the screen. I have strong opinions on how music supports the storytelling, and instead of explaining it to a Composer, I needed to find one who shared my sensibilities. The second I heard the demo materials on his website, I was an instant fan of Mitchell Gibbs. Mitchell provided a score that clearly had his mark on it, but all of his artistic decisions were right on target. Mitchell, with every viewing I hear things in your score that make me smile. Thank you.

Most of filmmaking is about finding quality people with whom you'd want to work with again. I did my homework and found two of the best. Thanks again guys. Both of you were simply great, and the film sounds amazing!

- Thomas

Congrats! I saw the trailer I while back and thought it was looking pretty cool (the big car splash at the end particularly) so I'll eagerly anticipate the IndieTalk screener when it comes along ;)

I think projects like this are always interesting to see the creative direction people from a specific technical background (i.e. people who aren't writer/directors by trade or, necessarily, inclination) go in. Often I reckon they make much more interesting and competent films.

We had the cast & crew screening last night. It was exciting & humbling to see the team again and share the film.

Back