How much would it cost to rent Panavision cameras and lenses?

I want my film to be shot on the Panavision Panaflex Platinum and the Panavision Panaflex Millennium XL2, using Panavision Primo and C-Series lenses (or probably G-series).

Can anyone give me a good or fair estimate on how much it would cost to rent these cameras and lenses on a per week basis?

Thanks in advance.

Just a gentle thought; Sometimes having a sense of humor is
a good thing.

I agree with you, if you have already looked at the Panavision
page and not found what you are looking for you might want
to mention that in your post. That way we can offer better
answers and not send you back to the Panavision page.

The closest Panavision rental house near you is in NY.
1-212-606-0700

Can anyone give me a good or fair estimate on how much it would cost to rent these cameras and lenses on a per week basis?

Well, it's a bit like buying an exotic car. The market for such things usually isn't shopping around for the best price from the dealer. ;) You'll have to call or email them for the most accurate rate.

As you've viewed their site you have probably already seen their "New Filmmaker Program," which may be your best bet unless you actually are working with a budget well beyond what most folks here are usually operating with.

HTH.

The only way to get an accurate quote will be to give them a call - if they feel like giving you a deal they may, though I've found Panavision are generally more expensive than other rental houses - but if you want to use their lenses there's no other way to do so.

Don't forget to factor in stock, processing and telecine/DI on top of the rental.

Not to be rude or anything but I actually did take the time to Google what I was asking in the OP...

(non-mod rant from a 'netizen since the late 80s - BBS / Gopher)Thank you for stating that you don't like LMGTFY -- I think it espouses one of the main things wrong with the social consequences of the anonymity of the web in general. I personally feel it's for use only with people you know well. With strangers, it's just feels rude and unwelcoming.(rant off)

Another search you could do is for film rental houses, get a number and call any of them. Ask for the prices for the camera, and if they don't carry them, ask for the number or a reference for someone who does. I guarantee their competitors are in their rolodex. Make sure when you call their competitors, to mention that you were sent by the original company. It's important that they know folks are sending business their way so they can know to reciprocate... this is a business that works on building strong relationships, and none of ever know when we will need a favor from someone.

Another search you could do is for film rental houses, get a number and call any of them. Ask for the prices for the camera, and if they don't carry them, ask for the number or a reference for someone who does. I guarantee their competitors are in their rolodex. Make sure when you call their competitors, to mention that you were sent by the original company. It's important that they know folks are sending business their way so they can know to reciprocate... this is a business that works on building strong relationships, and none of ever know when we will need a favor from someone.

To clear up - Panavision gear is only available via rental and through Panavision. That's how they stay in business. 'Panavised' cameras, or Panavision-manufactured cameras have Panavision (PV) lens mounts - so the only reason you would use such a camera is to use Panavision lenses (which are also only available via rental through Panavision)

jax is right, knightly. No one but Panavision rents Panavision so one cannot
call camera rental houses and comparison shop. Panavision does not post
their rental rates because they are very open to talking with Producers and
basing their rates on the needs of the production.

Back