• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

How Can I Fix The Gun?

Short of calling back the actress to reshooting this shot with the gun repainted, is there any way in post to fix the gun?

The_Gun_1.jpg

We may have to do it with another camera and DP. So, if there is a way in post, I'm all ears.

Is that a full resolution pic of the cropped frames? It looks very blurry to me... very.

I discovered the blur resuled from a fast pan and crop simultanously happening at the same time.

Once the crop size locks in, there is less of a blur, unless I try to crop into a very small area of the picture and magnify an image too muck. I believe Indie Budget said some time ago that the limit is to crop away up to 1/3 of the image. Too much cropping willl create a blurr as well.

Here is how it is shaping up on video:

http://vimeo.com/28715451

PW is: ic3preview

I will copy the clip twice and layer them and use the cookie cutter tool around the gun on the top layer so I can use the eye dropper tool in Color Chromer Keyer in more than one layer, if necessary to try to remove more yellow later.

But, it is less noticable now with the new angles.

Back