• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Horrific Drink Driving Campaign

Yowsers! I see what you were going for, but actually, I don't think it was horrific enough. The unexpectedness of the first gunshot actually made me laugh a little, because the scene wasn't really all that scary -- just surprising. Plus, it's like a stroll through the park, on a lovely day, with a sweet romantic melody in the background. Perhaps the same concept might be more effective if you followed some of the conventions of a classic horror movie.

Hey Cracker Funk,
Thanks for your input! - The pram seemed to push it too much for me and find it difficult to watch, even though I directed it and it was empty! - I always prefer to clash relaxing or upbeat music to the dark matter lodged in my head! lol
All the best for now and again, thanks for your reply!
Pete

Ok. I get it.

I liked the concept, but I think the technical needs to come to the party. I don't mean to put you down, but you need to up the realism on all counts:

More realistic recoil of the gun. More realistic flailing of the victims. More realistic screams.

For the audio side of things, I think copying and pasting the same screen over again is not going to cut it. Get some real honest screams (through acting, of course...) Get some more hard-hitting music. I like the simple piano licks but get some more of a score in there - think strings, tympanis with all the trimmings. Or go the rock band way. Make the music contribute.

Check out this spot - pay attention to the audio... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XF4Zy1Exzk0

and... :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL_tiB3lwI0&feature=related

But I'm not ruling out just solo piano as not workable. Check this one out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPgMd_C83pw&NR=1

And one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw8JOQAJrjE

P.S. these were award-winning. 16 of them, too.

Last edited:
This was okay. But, intentionally shooting people and unintentionally running people over are two completely different things. That's a world of difference. While drunk drivers are idiots, they don't intentionally kill. Though the outcome can be the same.

I'm surprised no one mentioned the fact that it should be drUnk driving and not drInk driving. What the heck is drink driving? I had to put on my glasses to read, but even in the video it says drink driving. It's either drunk driving or drink and drive.

ROC: Maybe I'm just old. But, I hate PSA like those. The anti-cigarette campaign makes me want to smoke, and I hate smoking.

The best defense against drugs/alcohol/smoking is parenting. Without that, you got nothing.

Last edited:
They also say "chips", when they mean "fries", and "bisquits", when they mean "cookies". Weirdos. You'd think they invented the language, or something.

They also say "chips", when they mean "fries", and "bisquits", when they mean "cookies". Weirdos. You'd think they invented the language, or something.

What do they say when they want a cracker......cookie??..............That's what my wife does, but she's from Mexico. She's say "Give me a cookie" and I'm eating chili with crackers.

This was okay. But, intentionally shooting people and unintentionally running people over are two completely different things. That's a world of difference. While drunk drivers are idiots, they don't intentionally kill. Though the outcome can be the same.

Way to miss the message. Anyone who gets into a car whilst drunk is intentionally putting other people at risk. There is no difference. It's callous and pre-meditated.

You all drink drove this thread off into oblivion.

Did anyone watch/listen to the PSAs?

Geezus christ, dude, you're seriously desperate for attention aren't you? This is the fourth time I've seen you call people out in a thread for not paying attention to your posts and giving your posts the attention you obviously think they deserve. And I've only been coming here for a week or so.

Way to miss the message. Anyone who gets into a car whilst drunk is intentionally putting other people at risk. There is no difference. It's callous and pre-meditated.

I completely got the message. And, sorry, I don't agree with any of what you wrote.

Back