Holiday Chat

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff Member
Admin
Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday season!

What you up to?

Celebrate Merry Christmas GIF by Denyse®
Glass Refraction GIF by Automata
cat happy kwanzaa GIF by Poncho

Trying to teach my little boy about Christmas, only thing he's interested in though is dismantling my tree. Has to pull off every bauble he can reach and bring it to me as a present. Can't get him interested in Christmas songs either, only gets excited if I put something by the Black Eyed Peas on for some reason...

After 5 months of having no work (mid-March to mid-August), one of the cable network series I work on came back for 3 weeks. I thought that was going to be it for the rest of 2020, but one of the production managers called me in early November with a new spinoff series. That’s actually had me pretty much booked, and I’m currently on my second to last day on the latest 2-week production road trip. I’ll get home Thursday, spin around to work on a short film for three days, and finally be home to stay for a while on the 20th.

The short film was something I signed onto (half rate... -ish) when it didn’t look like I’d have anything else for the rest of the year. I’m going into it exhausted,

I really haven’t even had time to think about the holidays.

So, we haven’t even gotten a Christmas tree at this point, and I’m way behind on shopping for gifts for my wife. Probably won’t have a tree this year, but that’s okay because employment and income.

Last edited:
Well, let's see.....

Put the lights up outside last weekend. They look very nice in all of the snow. It took me a total of about five hours to shovel out, half on Wednesday night and the rest on Thursday.* Someone parked about six inches from my driveway, and some vendor plowed the driveways across the street and piled the snow in the parking spaces right in front of my house. I had to shovel about six feet into the street. DAMN!!!

We've been watching our usual Christmas fare - Miracle on 34th Street, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Elf, Holiday Inn, Going My Way (not really an Xmas film, but it does end on Christmas), Come To The Stable, Polar Express, A Christmas Story, Home Alone, etc. We're saving Scrooge (1970) and It's A Wonderful Life for Christmas Eve, as always.

For myself I've been watching most every version of A Christmas Carol I can find, including Mr. Magoo, The Muppets and Scrooge McDuck. George C Scott and Patrick Stewart were just themselves doing the character; not impressed. 1938 and 1951 are still faves in addition to the 1970 Albert Finney version.

Audio post work has been almost completely nil, so it's going to be a very lean holiday this year.

*Back in the late 1960s, I was about 10 or 11, my father was in Africa on a business trip when we were hit with a true blizzard. My mom, sister and myself would go out and shovel, come inside to warm up and have hot chocolate, them go back out and start again. We did it all day and into the evening, when the snow finally slackened. Our next-door neighbor, Mr. Hanson, opened his window and yelled over to my mom "It's very nice, Bev; where the hell do you think you're going?" Which was true; there was at least two feet of snow on the street. However, it got very warm that evening and the snow started to melt, but it soon got VERY cold again, and everything froze solid. The next morning the street was plowed. All of our neighbors were literally chipping away at frozen snow, whilst the three of us went out for a drive (we had the studded snow tires which are now illegal most places.) We ended up taking neighbors out shopping for the next couple of days. However, this explains why I'm such a fanatic about getting everything shoveled as soon as possible. And now that I'm in my 60s (Holy Feces Batman!!! Where has all the time gone?) with arthritis and a bad back, I would rather shovel two or three inches of snow a few times no matter how late and cold it is than to shovel a foot of snow all at once.

I wrote a little christmas diddy to the tune of this song

I don't have the voice to actually sing it so... I will just write it out.
Funny Christmas Song for adults :)

Pussy for christmas whoa-o
Santa Claus - please bring me a ho
I've been such a good boy all year. all year.
I'm so horny - I - I'm so horny I'd fuck a reindeer. A Reindeer.

But technically woah-o hear me out
It's not wrong if Rudolph knows how to speak.

Sleigh bells Jingling! And I'll just let it snow.
I'd fuck an elf on the top or bottom shelf.
I'd eat that Keebler. I'd eat that Keebler cookie all night. All night.
I don't even care. I don't even mind. If It's fudge striped. Fudge Striped.

Know why?!?! Cause it's holiday! Now wheres my christmas ho
Under my tree all I see is a black dildo
A note! From santa claus addressed to me.
Go fuck yourself thats not hyperbole

Last edited:
I wrote a little christmas diddy to the tune of this song

I don't have the voice to actually sing it so... I will just write it out.
Funny Christmas Song for adults :)

Pussy for christmas whoa-o
Santa Claus - please bring me a ho
I've been such a good boy all year. all year.
I'm so horny - I - I'm so horny I'd fuck a reindeer. A Reindeer.

But technically woah-o hear me out
It's not wrong if Rudolph knows how to speak.

Sleigh bells Jingling! And I'll just let it snow.
I'd fuck an elf on the top or bottom shelf.
I'd eat that Keebler. I'd eat that Keebler cookie all night. All night.
I don't even care. I don't even mind. If It's fudge striped. Fudge Striped.

Know why?!?! Cause it's holiday! Now wheres my christmas ho
Under my tree all I see is a black dildo
A note! From santa claus addressed to me.
Go fuck yourself thats not hyperbole
Just when I thought I didn't have it IN ME TO LAUGH... LOL.

Thanks.

Back