Hi everyone!

Hi,

I'm not really a 'film maker' as such, but I just wanted to introduce myself on the forum. (I hope I've posted in the right section. :huh:)

My name is Danny Jay and I'm an award winning composer of music for film, T.V and other media.

(Just a little bit about me (if you're interested). :)

I am a self taught, British born composer specializing in writing classical/ orchestral music but with my own stylistic experimentation on top. My greatest musical influence is Japanese video game composer 'Nobuo Uematsu', best known for scoring the majority of titles in the Final Fantasy series. Other influences include 'Steve Jablonsky' and 'Don Davis'.

In December 2008, I received the 'Michael Kamen Award' for outstanding achievement in the field of composing music. The award was presented by Nitin Sawhney, Justin Baron (Sibelius) and Mrs Kamen at the Mermaid Theatre In London.

The main reason I'm here is to "hopefully" meet new people in world of film making. I would just like to make contacts and get feedback on my music really. :)

Again, I'm sorry if I've posted this in the wrong section.

Danny Jay

(www.dannyjayuk.com)

Cool! Welcome to the board. I hope you're able to successfully make contacts, etc.

I'm listening to your music right now. I like it a lot. I'm in pre-production on a feature-length movie, one that really needs an original score with the type of music you're doing. I've got a couple local composers that I really like and want to work with again, but should things not work out with them, I'll definitely be contacting you.

Best of luck.

Back