Hey guys

I'm a high school junior, learning about theatre and film in my theatre conservatory.

I and my friend Dan have written a short that we are planning to film in the beginning of next month. I will be directing and acting in it (Orson Welles wannabe?) and I need some advice.

Anyway, I hope to go to U of Arts after next year, and get my degree in theatre management. (Focusing on screen/play writing and directing.

I've been working on the shot sheet for a few days now and I'm only on scene 7 :(. The movie is 50 minutes long and we have 32 scenes. Also, I have no clue if I'm even doing it right. Ha ha New members isn't really a bad thing, now is it? But anyway, I think I'd kill to be the next Orson welles!

Last edited:
I'm a high school junior, learning about theatre and film in my theatre conservatory.

I and my friend Dan have written a short that we are planning to film in the beginning of next month. I will be directing and acting in it (Orson Welles wannabe?) and I need some advice.

Anyway, I hope to go to U of Arts after next year, and get my degree in theatre management. (Focusing on screen/play writing and directing.
:welcome:

While you're learning the art and craft of filmmaking, I also recommend that you read up some books on business - knowing something about general business will help you in ways I can't fully describe in this short comment. But one significant advantage is, knowing business may help you better communicate with potential investors down the road. My suggestions for reading: Rich Dad Poor Dad and Never Eat Alone.

I've been working on the shot sheet for a few days now and I'm only on scene 7 :(. The movie is 50 minutes long and we have 32 scenes. Also, I have no clue if I'm even doing it right. Ha ha New members isn't really a bad thing, now is it? But anyway, I think I'd kill to be the next Orson welles!

You're not going to know if you "did it right" until you do it. If it looks okay, good. If it doesn't, shoot it again :D

Become one with trial and error....ohm...

-- spinner :cool:

Back