Henlo

Just introducing myself to be able to access the community. I am an accomplished academic writer trying to see if I can write a screenplay, and so look forward to any help and knowledge and, of course, maybe even making some friends. Thanks

Welcome.

Side note. The first time, a few weeks ago that someone posted a greeting titled "Henlo" I thought it was a typo. After it happened multiple times I looked it up. So for anyone else who was wondering, here's what has happened.

Welcome.

Side note. The first time, a few weeks ago that someone posted a greeting titled "Henlo" I thought it was a typo. After it happened multiple times I looked it up. So for anyone else who was wondering, here's what has happened.

Hey, Nate. Thanks for taking the time :). I picked up "henlo" from Tucker Budzyn, the golden retriever, on YouTube. His videos are funny (particularly the "taste tests" ), are charming, and are well made. I also picked up, from Tucker, "Hekk" as a replacement for "F***", as in, "Hekkin Jerk!" Lol. Anyway.

Last edited:
That's super grim, I have a feeling we'll get along. lol (laughing out loud)

Sorry I missed your appearance over at Save Point, I was doing a quick film edit for some guys in the UK, and didn't hear the chime. I'll be around most of the evening working though, if you wish to chat.

Hey, Nate. I was reading through things I've posted, checking (and sometimes, I admit, admiring) my prose. This, it strikes me, is probably symptomatic of . . . something. But I think it's probably OK, since I also hate myself for admiring myself. Anyway.

I think I should have responded to your kind welcome, but I didn't, and so am doing so now.

I think I had clicked a discord link, to see what it was (and, I suppose, to find out what discord is.) I'm starting to get what savepoint is about, and it's an ambitious project. I have several things I'm trying to write, and if I have any ideas about contributing I'll let you know.

Anyway, thanks :)

Last edited:
Sure, I'd love to hear your ideas. I've tried to create a system that could include a lot of different perspectives on fiction. The greatest weakness is that our system doesn't allow for major changes in the main character, such as having his arm cut off, but honestly, I'm not sure that's so different than any other type of spec script writing. There's certainly a tremendous amount of leeway for plots, art, sound, cinematography and the like. For example, I'm really looking forward to this reaching the point where we can include courtroom dramas, a Robinson Crusoe plotline, etc. Right now demo materials and the investor hunt is first priority, but there's a lot to look forward to in the future if I can get this thing off the ground.

Back