• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help With Title

As some of you know, I am writing a 3 part zombie series. Its pretty much inspired by 28 days later.

I am having big problems coming up with a title for the series.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Guys

Jake

Provide some context to what exactly goes on in your series. I understand why 28 days later was called that. But without anything to go on, all I can give you is some generic and uninspired title.

Well its just your typical zombie movie. The main character wakes up alone and disorientated, he wanders around and begins to realise that there is no body there. He comes across a car with a dead family in it (suicide) This is where he sees the first zombie. The zombie chases him and he gets away by climbing a wall which the zombie can not do. A bit more of the same happens and then he finds another survivor who helps him.

That is the rough outline of the first episode.

I love zombie flicks! I personally would try to do something different than just the plain, overdone zombie plot. Add something unique to it to add flavor and originality... by doing this you will more than likely get your title! :)

Well I am adding a few extra things. Its gonna be done in my own way. But these extra things certainly do not give me a title.

Its not going to be the typical shoot all the zombies sort of thing. There will not be any guns in it. I want to show what it would really be like if it happened in the UK. Where it is difficult to get hold of a gun

As some of you know, I am writing a 3 part zombie series. Its pretty much inspired by 28 days later.

I am having big problems coming up with a title for the series.
Any suggestions?

Thanks Guys
Jake

"9 1/2 Weeks" -- Oh. Wait, that's been taken.
"Day of ...", "Dawn of ... ", "Night of ..." Dang!
"Zombies!: The British Invasion" ehh, too rock-groupie

Yep, no clue.

"21 Days after Midnight of the Liverpool Zombie Outbreak"? :P

Hahaha! Zombonies! Nice.

A few random ideas:

1.) Last of Life
2.) Mad to the Bone
3.) Stumbling Block
4.) Nom Nom Nom (ok, j/k)

Sorry, I'm horrible at coming up with titles.

F#CK ME!

GD!

NOT ANOTHER MF-ING ZOMBIE MOVIE!

SUX@BU

I LOVE THE SMELL OF ZOMBIES IN THE MORNING

FOOD!

I DO NOT TASTE LIKE CHICKEN!

SOMETHING IN YOUR EYE

headCRACKER

IN SEARCH OF BOOTIE

RUNNING FOR OFFICE (or anywhere, actually)

THREE DAYS & THREE BULLETS

SOMETHING SMELLS FUNNY (and it ain't me this time)

Rabbit
because zombies multiply like rabbits.
I had an idea for a zombie film with the mentioned title, but I scrapped it.

Can't, there's a famous film called Rabbit. And it's pretty great too. Run Wrake.

"Mid Afternoon of the Dead"

"Staff Infection"

"curtain call"

"Eclipse"

"food chain"

Last edited:
Here's a few I just came up with then

- Zompocalypse

- Brain Food

- Food For Thought

- The End Of The World As We Know It (base it around the REM song, similar to the Life on Mars series how it was based around the David Bowie song of the same title)

Hope these help!

Last edited:
- The End Of The World As We Know It (base it around the REM song, similar to the Life on Mars series how it was based around the David Bowie song of the same title)

To add to that, the tracks on REM's Document would make excellent chapter/episode names for a zombie/post-apocalyptic story. To wit (and moved out of album order):

"The One I Love" - survivor finds out everyone he knows is dead. maybe meets some other disorganized survivors, though maybe go the Walking Dead route and have one main character for the whole first episode (for arc's sake)
"Strange" - Survivors try to cope, figure out who they are and what's going on
"Finest Worksong" - Survivors finally get their shit together and then make a plan....
"Fireplace" - ...which blows up in their face, forcing them to leave
"Welcome to the Occupation" - survivors catch up with a military group of some sort
"Exhuming McCarthy" - paranoia throughout the survivors' group. Who sold them out?
"Lightnin' Hopkins" - survivors escape the military. This is the only title that doesn't quite fit, but throw in some blues references and you'll be fine
"Oddfellows Local 151" - main characters meet another group of survivors....
"King of Birds" - ...with an insane leader. It's not clear how crazy he is at first, but they figure it out
"Disturbance at the Heron House" - survivors escape from the second group
"It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" - obvious, though full title for season/series finale. Should have a sort of hopeful ending to contrast with the rest, which should be sorta bleak.

So there you go. One opening, one ending, 3 3-episode arcs. Almost makes you wonder why no one has done it before!

Back