help with making a fake bomb?

I need a bomb for a short, the typical wired full bomb. Im gonna use computer wires etc. what should i use as a base? if that makes sense. maybe a box shaped base?

Nothing says bomb like a ticking clock.
In this commercial I made my bomb out of a cool old tackle box, a fist full of computer wires, cpu heat sinks, circuit boards, some cable management tubes and of course a big ticking analog alarm clock! I got the clock, and the tackle box at goodwill, the rest I had lying about. Total coast $3

Oh, I used a label maker to make my own "bomco tm" and "C4" labels...

http://www.poptent.net/media/20730

right, just stuff it full with what ever you got. The "C4" blocks are a couple of dead UPS batteries I had, painted them camo green.

Also, I took the glass out of the face of the clock, which prevented it from reflecting light. You dont notice that its missing..

Try cardboard tubes painted red like dynamite.. add some curly wires..

Remember, it only has to LOOK good in the shot.. it doesn't have to hold together etc.

Get a big cardboard box, and fill it with something, leaving two or three inches free at the top.
Get a couple of bricks of white modelling clay.
Place them on the box, as for it to look filled with these bricks.
Get a cellphone with a countdown clock, and tape it to a circuit board, with cables all around it.
Wire the clay bricks in series.
?????
profit.

Nothing says bomb like a ticking clock.
In this commercial I made my bomb out of a cool old tackle box, a fist full of computer wires, cpu heat sinks, circuit boards, some cable management tubes and of course a big ticking analog alarm clock! I got the clock, and the tackle box at goodwill, the rest I had lying about. Total coast $3

Oh, I used a label maker to make my own "bomco tm" and "C4" labels...

http://www.poptent.net/media/20730

I've watched that thing at least 10 times and never get tired of it! Ha ha ha! It's great.:yes:

how about making a digitial count down clock in after effects and just playing it back as a movie on the screen. Live will look better then post..

You could integrate an iPod or iPhone screen into the bomb design, and then playback a countdown sequence designed in After Effects - might look a bit too sophisticated if it was supposed to be a homemade bomb, but you could have some cool countdown features and speed it up when a wire was cut, for example.

Back