Help . . . Please

Can some give me a link either here or a PM to a contact with IMDB to find out why I, Creator 2 - Goddess Of The Hunt isn't posted with them yet?

By now all requirements should be met and they still haven't posted the page.

Thanks,

Mike

This isn't from lack of trying on my own. I submitted to them twice, entered it into two festivals, sent emails and got no response.

I want to find out who is the president or CEO of Amazon.com and send them a letter explaining what is going on, and hope the head of Amazon takes action by contacting both withoutabox and IMDB to get this matter cleared up.

I haven't posted here in months, but you have caused me to say how awesome of a "use Google" response that was Zensteve. Thank you, I laughed so hard.

Are the festivals you submitted to ones that come with an automatic IMDB page? There are many you can find via WAB that require no action on your part, other than submitting your film.

Thank you, Steve. I just got the address to their company headquarters where I will mail the letter.

Guys, I don't like to do this. But, I've worked for Corporate America for over 26 years. And, one thing I know is the squeaky wheel always gets the oil. One letter to the executive office of a company and the company will contact the letter sender to ask how high they must jump.

Is Bare Bones on the list of automatic IMDB qualifying? I can't find any indication that it is (or isn't). Just cuz a fest is listed on WAB, that doesn't mean that it's IMDB qualifying. You might already know this, but maybe you don't -- on WAB, you can search fests that specifically are IMDB qualifying. Did you do that?

Also, I wouldn't expect IMDB's CEO to ask you how high you want them to jump. McD's might send you a coupon for a free extra value meal, but that's about the extent you can get away with these days, and IMDB ain't McD's.

It looks like they created a broken link to the page here.

IMDb Title Page

Withoutabox is a part of IMDb. Here's a convenient link to your IMDb Title Page for I, Creator 2 - Goddess of the Hunt - 22 Min Ver.:
http://www.imdb.com/title/

Learn about uploading a Trailer, a Clip, and even your Full Movie to IMDb Theaters so it can stream from your IMDb Title Page. It's free!

See the broken link?

I contacted them about this link.

Did it get accepted to the festival? Or is it enough now to simply submit to a qualifying festival without needing to get accepted?

If that's the case, it really seems to kill any remaining value in being listed on IMDB. I could submit 25 different video clips of my dog to qualifying festivals (or maybe just the same clip with 25 different titles), list a bunch of my friends as producers and actors, and create the appearance of a thriving filmmaking community and production company with no real substance to back any of it up.

How does a festival become an IMDB qualifier? I can see why festivals would pay for that status if they thought it would increase submissions. Increased submissions also make more money for withoutabox. The whole arrangement seems like nothing more than a way for amazon to milk more money out of the whole thing...

Those are all good questions I wish I had the answers to.

I entered the film last October when Bare Bones was listed. Ot was a qualifier. Now, they decide to take it off the list?

This warrants a letter to the CEO of Amazon to hold them to the film qualifying.

Back