• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Help me become a god...

I really love YouTube tutorials -- because they are free, and often they are effect- or process-specific. I always need to know info as it pertains to my current project, so if you just start editing a video, you can look up what you need to know as you need to know it.

Creative Cow has free video podcasts to watch/download.

Video Copilot has many video tutorials as well.

I've found both of those to be great resources.

I don't know anything about Lynda.com

Aetuts+ has some good stuff. Their tutorials are very thorough and they specify whether they're for beginner, intermediate, or advanced users, and how long the tutorial will take to complete.

(Full disclosure: I used to work for Tuts+ and their parent company regularly, and still do on occasion, though not for Aetuts+.)

I really love YouTube tutorials -- because they are free, and often they are effect- or process-specific. I always need to know info as it pertains to my current project, so if you just start editing a video, you can look up what you need to know as you need to know it.

I get a lot of help from youtube tutorials too, but I find there are too many too many too many. Never know which to click. And some often have annoying music tracks, or the resolution is lousy.

Cam, just curious, where do you plan to dive in? I don't even know where to start.
Warp stabilization?

I use AE for effects to video and that's not too hard, including warp stabilization. Graphics and animation freakin blow my mind. X axis, Y axis, layers - learning. Oh, baby, the animated text is killer.

A month from now and I'll be more comfortable with how much I suck at this. :lol:

Back