Helloooooo!

I am here trying to figure out the best way for me to create a wall behind a host (like a talk show) that will display video (the entire wall) without placing the host in the dark. I also do personal projects with 2 cannon xl1's and have a great little 3ccd HD Panasonic that i've been screwing around with videoing friends sailing their boats with.

Ah what fun and I hope that I am able to contribute someday!

-m-

Use a green-screen. Then you can light your subject and put him anywhere, plus it saves on locations.

See: http://www.revver.com/video/289582/the-poke-show-the-faqing-news-1-blue-khakis/

It's a bad example of a greenscreen (we did a real quick, fly-by-the-seat-of-your-schpants shoot), but if you spend a bit more time with it, you can get much better (cheaper and flexible to edit) results with a greenscreen setup than you would trying to set-dress up something and then CGI-ing something in there.

If you go green, you could just insert the video behind the host perfectly without him being darkened out. A good program for greenscreen low-budget stylz is at www.fxhome.com

Anyway, there's my 2 cents from the fake, non-gold/silver-backed bank-supporting-currancy economy.

Back