Hello!

I just wanted to introduce myself: Walter Bosley.

I was a Super 8 filmmaker back in J.H. and high school, went on to work very briefly with 16mm in college before switching to a journalism major. Though I spent 19 years in a completely different career field, I did manage to get some time in as a PA on some commercials and a few feature films. Mostly, I kept up my screenwriting chops through the years. In the mid-90s landed an agent and a writing buddy and I came close a few times to selling a couple of things, and we did place at a competition in Monterey ('97, I think). Since then, I've founded a publishing company, written some of my best work, made the jump to digital with some shorts, and landed a producer for a feature film based upon my first published novel, Secret of the Amazon Queen (under my adventure pseudonym 'E.A.Guest').

With the feature on hold (thanks to this WONDERFUL economy of recent years -- millionaires are squeamish and mine's no different!), I'm in production on a short (30 mins is the target), of which about 30% is shot.

Movies are a lifelong love for me and I've passed this passion onto my son, who is dedicated to his filmmaking as well. I cut my teeth at the local drive-ins on the horror films my dad took the whole family to see during my childhood. There were gems and there were things like Gruesome Twosome -- and I loved them all. Naturally, I'm a science fiction fan (who knows the difference between sci-fi and another genre merely set in space...), but over the years became a fan of noir and suspense, and just about any genre when represented well.

At my age, 48, I will be pleased to simply make films from $0 to $500K for the rest of my life. I've already had a 'career', this is love and art.

Anyway, here I am; glad to be here...:)

Makin' films for the rest of your life? Sounds like a cool plan. :cool:

Is Secret of the Amazon Queen ready to start up when you get the funds?

Makin' films for the rest of your life? Sounds like a cool plan. :cool:

Is Secret of the Amazon Queen ready to start up when you get the funds?

Yes, well the best laid plans... ;) I'm gonna try.

AQ is in a pre-production phase and frozen there, sort of. As soon as the production company flips the switch on again, we'll be constructing sets, making props and costumes, and finalizing our choice of locations...

Back