hello everyone...

my name is brandon. im new to this obviously.i joined this site because i will be filming a documentary for my sister and am hoping to get some good advice from here. i dont know much at all about filming,and we are working on little to no budget.we have a minidv (jvc) and one wireless mic.need to know all important things/ideas involved in recording.heard that the white check is very important,that even if not done right you cannot even air the video(is this true).need to know more about lighting and the importance,and lenses(what different lense attatchments do i need or should i get and what each lense does different.any advice would be very helpful...
thank you,
brandon

'sup, new guy. :cool:

Yah, white balance is very important. Many cheap mini-dv cameras don't have a way to manually set it, and the auto-balance can be pretty dodgy. If your camera lets you manually set it, use it each time the lighting has changed.

You oght to be able to find most the answers to your general questions here, for sure. :)

thank you for the welcome,and thank you so much for the advice!my minidv has a manual set,and i wasnt sure about when to set it or not.so thank you,i know to set it on each light change now.much appriciated...

Back