Hejsa! From Denmark ;)

I'm quite new even to the idea of film-making, but I've fallen head over heels in love with the process.

As I have always enjoyed drawing and writing, creating storyboards for short films turned out to be quite the passion of mine, when I had one year of media and film in high school (this year).
Actually, almost every step of the film making process appeals to me in some way.

I love writing - aka I love creating the script. I love drawing - aka I love creating the storyboards. I love collaborative projects, so I think filming is great fun! Also, acting (though in theater-productions) is another hobby of mine.

And finally, I really enjoy using hour upon hour of editing the footage.. xD Yep. I'm a bit of a nerd.

But the realization of me actually loving this media is quite new. I was raised in a family without a television, and I am sadly quite unknowledgeable about things like director, classics and the sorts..

I am here to learn though! And I hope to be able to make something akin to art one day.. ^^"

Oh, and about me: I'm a twenty years old Danish girl who loves the arts, but never quite realized the worth of cinema until just recently. :blush:

Oh, and my name means cliché or something of the sort. Which unfortunately fits me quite well :hmm:

Thanks a lot to all of you :D
Zensteve: Well, on a national level.. We don't have many high-budget movies, at least not in Hollywood-categories, and there's a tendency to see film-making more as art than craftmanship. (If that's the right way to put it?)
Lars von Trier used to be the leading man, but now new directors like Susanne Bier is getting attention.. :) As for the truly independent movies, as I said, I'm new to the scene - So I may not be the right person to ask.

We do have a nice film-institute as well as the "european film-college", which is supposedly a pretty good 9-month course.. So I should suppose there are quite a few directors out there who I have yet to hear of. (Not to say that you NEED to have been on a course/school to be a director!)

When high school/college (Or whatever to call my current school in English) is over, I hope to get more acquainted with the local film scene ;)

Nicwillu: Yaay! Hello, fellow nordic person.. :D Greetings! ^^

Last edited:
Back