• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Have a story, need help transferring it to a final script

I have a story full of action, crime and drama. I need help transferring it to a final script.
It is important to understand that this movie must be an efficient propaganda towards bad drivers.

Below is what particularly needs to be done:

1) Finalize number of Plots
2) Complete a character list
3) Put sequence in order

Here is the story.
Two brothers live in a country where traffic rules are heavily violated. The elder brother, as most of the people, violates traffic rules and puts his and others lives in danger... until his younger brother, who always respects laws, gets hit by a car and falls into coma.

The criminal driver manages to escape the place of accident, but the elder brother remembers the van's plate number and starts to search for it. He remains unsuccessful with his search and decides to take his revenge from everyone who dares to violate even a harmless traffic rule. He gathers a team that starts to punish infringing drivers crashing their cars publicly with baseball-bat or alike right on the streets. This team becomes a horror for all drivers. Some people support them, some do not.

The two brothers' father is a mid-rank police officer how gets an assignment to catch the team members. After a long chase he catches the one. To his surprise the member turns out to be his elder son.

I better stop here, since the end of the story is not ready yet. I honestly don't know what the climax and the ending should look like. But I wish the younger brother to wake up from the coma and be shockingly surprised to the way people start to drive their vans.

The climax I think would be most effective if it occurs with the chase between the father and his eldest son. The climax would come to a point when the father catches the main member and realizes it is his son. As far as an ending, my personal opinion would be to take the story a little darker and more dramatic. If you add into the story a moment when the group attempts to stop a driver, but things get out of hand and they end up killing the driver, then you can have that sequence bring about your dramatic ending where the father is forced to turn his son in after catching him. After being sentenced the older son is found guilty of the murder and other vilgilanty acts and sentenced to death. As the oldest son is about to be executed, cut to the younger son waking from his coma.

The climax I think would be most effective if it occurs with the chase between the father and his eldest son. The climax would come to a point when the father catches the main member and realizes it is his son. As far as an ending, my personal opinion would be to take the story a little darker and more dramatic. If you add into the story a moment when the group attempts to stop a driver, but things get out of hand and they end up killing the driver, then you can have that sequence bring about your dramatic ending where the father is forced to turn his son in after catching him. After being sentenced the older son is found guilty of the murder and other vilgilanty acts and sentenced to death. As the oldest son is about to be executed, cut to the younger son waking from his coma.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. Sounds very dramatic, but I want a happy end.
I also have a Plot B or C in mind that can add some comedy AND anger at the same time.
The team should also help some driver violating traffic rules in order to get his pregnant wife down to clinic. At the same time I do want to have the team to do something that would indicate them falling into "out of control" condition.

How much?

Liked your question very much!!!

Honestly, I have little or no idea on how much it could cost, but it is important to first understand and list the scope of the work.
Scriptwriter must consider local mentality, jokes, phrases and actual reality in my country. At the same time the film, if shot, must be "internationally digestible".

You better start with some figure for me to judge if it is approachable at all.

Scriptwriter must consider local mentality, jokes, phrases and actual reality in my country.
This would take a lot of very interesting research. I would love the challenge.
I hope you find your writer. If you don't and are willing to pay,
please get back to me with what you can afford. I suspect a
newer, unproduced writer will be more in your price range. The
amount of research to fully get the feel of the mentality, jokes,
phrases and actual reality in your country will be extensive.

What a great opportunity!

Honestly, I have little or no idea on how much it could cost, but it is important to first understand and list the scope of the work.
Scriptwriter must consider local mentality, jokes, phrases and actual reality in my country. At the same time the film, if shot, must be "internationally digestible".

This seems to be a very worthwhile project and needs a writer who can be sensitive to the interests and culture of Azerbaijan. Often in the US, filmmakers will approach local colleges and universities for both writers, actors, and crew. Baku State University is large. Its educational film and television department may have students who would greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with you. I took the liberty of finding this link to their department faculty: http://journalism.bsu.edu.az/en/content/educational_television_and_radio_studio_545

It would be easy for a foreign scriptwriter to unintentionally offend the primary audience by not knowing the language or culture. It seems you know what you want to show and it is planned in your head. You just need to place it onto paper. I would encourage you to write it. Since you plan to film it, it does not have to be a perfectly written script. It only has to be a script that actors can follow and you can film. You could write it and post it here for comment and suggestions.

I would encourage you to find and develop the film writing talent in your own country. The wonderful thing about independent filmmaking is the working relationships you form working together on projects. You might put a classified advertisement in your newspaper, on a website, or post a sign with permission on a bulletin board.

Yaxşı şanslar (Good luck!)

Yaxşı şanslar (Good luck!)

Thanks a lot!!! I took your advise and moving forward to get a local writer.

I've read this http://www.movieoutline.com/articles/how-to-write-a-treatment.html and this http://www.movieoutline.com/articles/sample-movie-treatment-example-story-synopsis-for-a-film-script.html and started to put things together.

I suddenly realized, that I don't know how to get to the REAL CLIMAX.

Kindly read the Treatment linked below and I am looking for any suggestions:

MS-Word 2010 - http://www.bizler.org/archive/TheRage-Treatment.docx
Adobe PDF - http://www.bizler.org/archive/TheRage-Treatment.pdf

You say you want this movie to have a happy ending but to also deliver a very profound message on dangerous driving. So perhaps giving it a dark sad ending would be better in order to be taken as a message? Not necessarily maybe, but most movies that do want to send a message do not go for the happy ending, otherwise the message would not be grasped by the audiences.

You say you want this movie to have a happy ending but to also deliver a very profound message on dangerous driving. So perhaps giving it a dark sad ending would be better in order to be taken as a message? Not necessarily maybe, but most movies that do want to send a message do not go for the happy ending, otherwise the message would not be grasped by the audiences.

I agree. I just thought about this yesterday.
So:

1) The criminal driver gets killed by Azad
2) Azad is sentenced for life
3) Kamal quits his job as a police
4) Anar wakes up from coma

Now, let's see what messages we have:

1) Dangerous driving kills
2) Lynching is a crime
3) Kamal is punished for being a bad father and hiding insolent behavior of his son.
4) Little bit of honey and sense of Happy Ending :)

Any feedback is welcome!!!

Back