• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Got some ideas?

Put together this little animation to use for the opening montage of my sister's wedding video. It's really primitive, but I think I actually kind of like the NES feel it's got going on. I'm going to cut away to various still photos of them growing up and of them together, which I have been turning 3D and animating. I think it could work.

http://vimeo.com/13948208

This is just a first draft, I'm posting it because I'd like some suggestions as to how I can make it better. Either by adding something or by refining something. Also if you notice any mistakes, lemme know ;)

Thanks! :D

It's neat for the first 14 seconds and last 5 on my computer. Between those it just stands still. I know you're going to intercut with photos and video, but shouldn't it move from one end to another? Or is it just my computer. Which is a strong possibility.

Thanks for checking it out guys :)

@grinner, I'm trying to work out getting the wheels to spin. No success so far. Motion tracking a still photo (even if it moves around the screen) doesn't seem to be possible. I may need to render and then insert.

@ussinners: There definitely should be movement. It might be vimeo, though. This is the first time i've uploaded something on there :/

I LOVE the NES feel of it. Don't change a thing. Except, it's too long. Should move faster. Otherwise, it's kitschy and fun.

EDIT: I just googled "kitschy", and appearantly, most people use that word as an insult. I don't mean it like that.

Last edited:
How about a little exhaust. Maybe the white puff, or have it exhaust little hearts?

Maybe you could also do it where it lifts to an over head view of a map and we follow the buses progress (Like how you might see an animation of a plane travel over somewhere or see a crazy route criss-crossed on a map or outline of the country) Then when the bus passes points of interest go back to the side view and show those points being passed along the way.

A milage counter running is another possibility

-Thanks-

Last edited:
Those are some awesome ideas, Buddy :D I don't think I want to do a whole other animation for it, but I'm gonna see what I can do about the exhaust. I'm thinking Andrew Kramer's gun smoke tut should point get me started :)

Thanks!

I think it's a cute little piece. I like the idea of wonky wheels and exhaust smoke, too. I think you've got the background and middleground down. I would suggest a couple of foreground elements rolling by to give it even more depth. (doesn't have to be a tree, but you get what I mean:) )

v5d0qv.jpg

I like it. I think you should have tiny bodies with the heads when they get out maybe like mario type. Just an idea. How about having some people get on top of the van and surf like Teen wolf. Ha.... I was thinking maybe the van picks up some people on the way like ex boy friends and then you kick them to the curb and then find the final person your sister is going to marry at the end. Ha... Just one idea. Maybe pick up friends in the van too insead. Just an idea.

The video is kinda boring once you pick up you two from the stork it takes too long for you to make it to the house so maybe find things to do in between or cut down the distance of the road traveled.

I like the NES feel to it too.

Last edited:
Back