Got my FD 17mm f4... meh..

I paid $299 for this one. It was broken when it got here.. wobbly mount and the iris would not open all the way. I was able to take it apart and fix it and got a $100 back from the seller. I would not have paid $200 for it in the condition it was in when I got it, but since the seller offered full refund if I could not fix it, I tried fixing it... It was a challenge, but sorta fun. I didn't have to get into the optics, just the mount and linkages. I only have two parts left over!

I paid $299 for this one. It was broken when it got here.. wobbly mount and the iris would not open all the way. I was able to take it apart and fix it and got a $100 back from the seller. I would not have paid $200 for it in the condition it was in when I got it, but since the seller offered full refund if I could not fix it, I tried fixing it... It was a challenge, but sorta fun. I didn't have to get into the optics, just the mount and linkages. I only have two parts left over!

:lol:

I have an FD 50mm f/1.4 stuck wide open myself. $75.00 to fix and clean and $10.00 for postage. Anybody know of a place that services FD lenses besides Essex in NJ?

Stuck open maybe its in the linkage or the mount? .. fix it your self!

I just want to ask, dont get offended, some FD lenses dont let you change the aperture unless its mounted.. correctly just sayin.. lol

Stuck open maybe its in the linkage or the mount? .. fix it your self!

I just want to ask, dont get offended, some FD lenses dont let you change the aperture unless its mounted.. correctly just sayin.. lol

I hear you. You can do that manually with my other FD lenses. This one doesn't respond. All of mine are bayonet mounts and I've got that down. They are a bit fidgety.

I would never get offended over something a moron could overlook. That's right up my alley. :lol:

Back