God Bless America

A very short while ago (last Friday night @ 10 PM to be exact), I watched Bob Goldthwait on Bill Maher talking GOD BLESS AMERICA. Soon to arrive @ theaters (as a small, very small indie release). Sounded like my kind of 'shock the monkey', push-the-envelope kind of movie. Imagine my shock when I saw it scheduled (before small theater # release) on HDnet (directTV) last night @ 8:30 PM EST. i watched it. I enjoyed it.

With all the hoopla on RED STATE (K. Smith), a short while back (and I did like RED STATE) -- I thought I would throw this movie out there for discussion. A masterful ANGRY movie! Very dark humor. Played in a somewhat realistic mode. Comments?

The only three movies that I have viewed this year as first release movies were John Carter 3D (twice) and The Avengers (@ first showing before the theater got crowded) in 3D on the biggest screen I could find (big budget blockbusters) and GOD BLESS AMERICA (small budget on my 73" HD set at home). All were very good and I enjoyed all three movies -- but after all is said and done... GOD BLESS AMERICA stuck in my skull the longest...

Good for Goldthwait! A new cult feature! A new MUST SEE...

Based on the trailer, alone, I did not want to see this movie. I thought it would just be a bitter, cynical and negative movie.

But then I saw "World's Greatest Dad", and loved it, so now I'm a Goldwaith fan. I'm looking forward to "God Bless America". Thanks for the heads-up on the VOD; it's not being released in theaters in my city. :)

directorik, (and anyone else who has seen GOD BLESS AMERICA),

Where did you see GOD BLESS AMERICA? HDnet is advertising that the movie GOD BLESS AMERICA made in 2011, is premiering on HDnet BEFORE it appears in theaters (or released on DVD). They are also promoting APARTMENT 143 (2011), BEL AMI (2012) and TAKE THIS WALTZ (2011) as exclusive new films BEFORE they hit theaters...

Not true? Hmmmm...

Based on the trailer, alone, I did not want to see this movie. I thought it would just be a bitter, cynical and negative movie.

CF, I had the same reaction. And I also really liked World's Greatest Dad, so I will probably give God Bless America a look at some point.

Back