• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Global Soup - Blender 3D intro

I've recently been working on an intro for an upcoming channel Global Soup, they've just signed up with Big Frame and it seems after over 3 or 4 months a more regular schedule will be set up. The channel mainly aims to highlight creators of creative content around the world.

Anyway here is the intro created in Blender. Thoughts are welcome but there's little I can change because obviously I don't have the final day in this intro. I made everything except the music and the label on the can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAe4fDxlyag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAe4fDxlyag

Check out their channel as well
YouTube.com/GlobalSoup

-Brendan

Can you change colour scheme? Grey text on cyan background is kinda dull. You can use a colour-wheel to find suitable complementery colours.

Everything else looks fine, as far as animation and camera movement go. :)

I second the colourscheme thing. Try something that matches or adds to the palet of the label.
Also, i like the animated spotlights that you have going on, but they could be alot better if they had a realistic animation, not just floating around and turning. Thats just personal, I guess. But nice touch anyway.

I would also check your render settings. I am not sure what you used to render this with, but there seems to be some anti aliasing when you are looking at the top of the can.

Last but not least i'd make the materials a bit more interesting (especially the ground floor. Cant you get a bit of a subtle pattern, noise or just detail in there? it looks very cg-y), and maybe try a little bit more of a realistic lighting scenario. But all in all, defently not bad so far.

Thanks I haven't actually had time to use Blender for years so I've basically had to relearn it in the last two weeks.

The text is being worked on now... :)

The crazy lights were kind of requested but ill see what I can do! I'm not so good with render settings in Blender, but I will have a fiddle around.

Not really sure about the floor, that was the look we were aiming for. It wasnt meant to look fully realistic that you would actually believe it was real

hehe... pops much more now dont it! Dont like the lid on the can though.. seems the only week part.. I know your not going for realism, but there is something wrong about that texture..maybe it needs some shine..??

Yeah I'm not sure, the intro is already live on the channel so I can't do anything about it for the moment, maybe in a future update :)

I think maybe it's just not as smooth, as in there are a few bumps, anyway thanks for your thoughts :)

Imho, I would've done the opposite in terms of camera movement. Instead of going in slowly and then speeding up near the can before slowing down again, I would've gone in faster, slowed down around the can and then shot upwards.

It just seems we spend more time away from the point of the intro than with it.

Other than that, you've already improved the colour and generally it looks pretty cool.

Strange thing is I'm pretty sure the speed is actually the same, as in there are no keyframes in between until it actually starts going upwards.

sure the speed is constant, but as you get closer to the object the perception is the speed increases.. just like the real world. so, Ernest is suggesting to speed up the approach and SLOW down the fly up ... the idea is spending more time CLOSE to the object and less away..

Yes I was pretty sure that's what Ernest was saying. As it turns out after actually watching the episodes he's cut the first second or so, so it starts much closer to the can

sure the speed is constant, but as you get closer to the object the perception is the speed increases.. just like the real world. so, Ernest is suggesting to speed up the approach and SLOW down the fly up ... the idea is spending more time CLOSE to the object and less away..

:yes:

Yes I was pretty sure that's what Ernest was saying. As it turns out after actually watching the episodes he's cut the first second or so, so it starts much closer to the can

Cool :)

Like I said, overall, it was a nice intro and that is the only critique I could think of which had not been mentioned.

Back