• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

GIVE ME THE POWER TO MAKE SOMETHING EPIC! LOW BUDGET WITH A BIG PAYOUT!

Hello, I have a plan to make 6 short films that all go play into one another and the name of the project is Spirit In The Woods. It's like The Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity. I have big plans for this, which you could make two feature films from all 6. I am here because I need support, because I truly believe this will make you sleep with the lights on! It will have everything we love from sex, horror, creepy, evil and so much more. Please help me, the fund raiser is for permits/locations and pay for the actors. I know you might not care and say whatever, but please I need all the support I can get, because this will truly become something BIG one day, and I bet you'll tell your friends, family, kids about how you helped it get started. We all know that it's hard out there, so I'm not asking for any hand outs, I'm just asking for support and if you donate you'll help out so much! Anybody who donates from this site will get a free digital copy of the short film, which it doesn't matter what perk you pick. When you donate just say HorrorMovieFans sent you, and I will know in a comment. Thank you!

True shocking unseen documentary footage of what really happened to a small group of college students who dared to enter the Spiritual Woods just for their last school project, which in return they where never ever seen again or at least we thought so…

Check out our FACEBOOK'S page and like!
https://www.facebook.com/SpiritInTheWoods

DONATE!
http://igg.me/at/Spirit-in-the-Woods/x/2791317

"Let me show you a nightmare, let me show you what Hell is."

as someone who has previously tried a crowdfunding campaign and failed, but is going to try again with a different tactic, i can tell you immediately that your film lacks severe promotion.

this will be the failure of your campaign.

Iv been working on my twitter account to promote my film and now have just over 2,000 followers i reckon at least 50 of them would donate that i converse with regularly. if i can get around £10 for each one i get £500 I need at least around 3-4000 to get £1000 from loyal followers.

I have also had an interview with a movie review website, which i aim to get 2 more interviews.

this should help a bit.

I doubt anyone wants to assist another Blair Witch Project... it pissed enough people off to know better

Sorry to have to be the one to do this, but...

"True shocking unseen documentary footage of what really happened to a small group of college students who dared to enter the Spiritual Woods just for a school project, which in return they where never ever seen again or at least we thought so…"

There's so many grammatical errors with the above. It really puts people (me) off contributing to your project. If you can't even get that right, how can you possibly make a good film?

"A thank you message on are Facebook page, website, and twitter account!"

It's 'our' Facebook page, not 'are'...

Not trying to be mean, just honest. You need to fix this if you really want people to contribute.

Thank you for everything you all said, I know some type o's were in there. I haven't slept, since I have been planning, You don't understand this is my first short film and I'm sorry you feel that way, I said along the lines doesn't mean the same thing as The Blair Witch Project, my project will be better! I will show you what creepy scary is... I thank you all though for the help and feedback! I don't need a budget to make this film, I want to take care of my actors and give them money and for my crew too.

Everyone... I'm just trying to support actors and crew by getting them paid, because I already know this 6 short films series will be a hit. I will just show you all when the time comes. When you care for a project like how bad I do, you will do anything and everything to make it work and that's what I plan on doing!

I personally liked Blair Witch, or at least give it the respect that it deserves. However, at this point in time so far after it came out, I think the found footage is getting kind of run into the ground. Not saying there can't be another awesome found footage movie, but I'd like to see some new things.

Do you have any trailer or anything up to show us Spirit? (Sorry, can't check the Facebook page on the work computer).

Anthony,

Your passion is great. Your pitch is terrible.

Do not post when you are tired. If you haven’t slept then take a
few extra moments to check your grammar. You said you know
some typos were in there, yet you chose to leave them in. Not
the correct choice.

There are no typos in the first sentence mad hatter quoted - it’s
a poorly written sentence. You will do anything and everything
to make it work - so start by presenting your project in a good light.

You are pitching to filmmakers. We understand money issues. We
do understand. And everyone wants to help you present a better
pitch. You won’t get much money from us - we are just like you;
spending every moment working on our projects, not sleeping,
trying to support our cast and crew. But you will get suggestions
and ideas on what to do to present a better pitch to people who
will give you money.

Take the time to listen without getting defensive and rework your
pitch so you can get the $1,000 you need.

There are no typos in the first sentence mad hatter quoted - it’s
a poorly written sentence...

Just for clarity - I believe the "where" should be "were". Also, the grammatical errors (ie. the missing punctuation) may or may not be due to a typo.

Riks advice is sound. Rework you pitch and you'll stand a better chance of achieving your goal.

Rule No.1 of crowdfunding: Don't start your campaign until your pitch is ready.

Poorly written, mistake riddled prose is bad, but you also need a lot more to demonstrate that you're ready to move into production. No video, no cast or crew photos...etc screams to me that the campaign needs a lot more work before it kicks off.

Yet, you're looking for people to give you money... good luck with that.
LMAO!

FWIW, everyone of you IT guys are sweet for helping out this OP.

We've seen this... quality/standard/flavor of crowdfunding campaign here time and time again, and I think it's great how, for no apparent reason, one just seems to randomly inspire many of us to pile in and help through kindness + gentle beatings ("Yes", I believe there's an appropriate place for those!).

XO
bananas-in-love-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have heart and that is why you should donate... Sure, this is my first short film, which I plan to make a total of 6 of them that all play together. I'm not asking you to donate for my poorly written sentences, I am asking you to donate for what I will show you, and you're going to love what I have to show you!!!! I will show you what Hell looks like.

These short films will be unscripted. There are a few scenes that are scripted. I don't need this budget, I would like it, so I could pay the people that made all this possible. I don't do this for money or fame, I have true heart for this and I know I can make this project epic and amazing and one day... You'll probably watch it, and love it.

These short films will be unscripted.
Oh joy.

I don't need this budget, I would like it, so I could pay the people that made all this possible.

Then convince them to work on the first one for free so that you have something with which to try and tempt people to cough up their money.

I have true heart for this and I know I can make this project epic and amazing and one day...You'll probably watch it, and love it.
Do you? You're looking for $1k... pick up a second job for a while and save the money. That should be easy enough to come up with on your own in a relatively short time.

The bottom line is, you have no experience, ie: "this is my first short film", and you have nothing to show, only promises of how awesome what you're dreaming of will be -- which carries no weight, sorry.

Even if I had spare cash to donate to a project like yours, this would not be tempting for those reasons alone. Your repeated posts in such a short time frame, all coming across as begging for funding more than anything else being another reason..

Not to mention that frankly I hate that 'style' of 'filmmaking' so, no I probably won't watch it, and I would almost certainly hate it. ;)

Back