• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

GIVE ME THE POWER TO MAKE SOMETHING EPIC! LOW BUDGET WITH A BIG PAYOUT!

Even though people hated it, I have to give credit to the director for making a somewhat successful film. He raised some money, and somehow got his film watched by a good amount of people.

If his goal was to make a movie and tell his story, great. He did it.

If his goal was to make a movie and turn it into a career, I somehow doubt he'll achieve his goals. Who knows, maybe he'll parlay the rentals (of $500?) and fun the sequel and show what he learned?

"Are best". I'm willing to forgive a lot. This was too much. Utter garbage. Made me sick. Director should be crucified.

I just wanted to add if I could give this film 0 stars I would, and that I am not exaggerating when I say it is literally the worst film I have ever seen.

I just watched this movie and I want a refund.

YOU WILL BE HAPPIER IF YOU SHOOT YOURSELF IN THE FOOT !!!!!!!

i got scammed by the obvious false reviews, save your money

Terrible. Awful. Waste of money. Waste of time.

These reviews almost make me curious.... ALMOST!

On a more serious note, if you were an investor, after doing some basic research and seeing those reviews (which are relatively consistent) would you invest in the sequel?

"Their pitch exhibited all the characteristics of the "first time filmmaker syndrome" that we keep seeing pop up here - an absolute confidence in how amazing their project is, combined with a blindness to or an unwillingness to recognize their own shortcomings. FTFS is primarily a manifestation of one side of the Dunning-Kruger effect - a lack of experience makes someone unable to accurately gauge their skills & abilities (and, in this case, the merits of their project) and leads them to overestimate their abilities. "

I would like to jump in here as I just finished my first feature. Let me throw in that I am 17. I've been told I should say that every time. :) If I (or other first timers) didnt have a blindness I'm not sure I would have shot this film at all let alone in 17 days. While I have made plenty of shorts and won some local awards (in small towns) I was hesitant this was ever going to come together. I had cast from across the US- New York, Texas, Chicago and California. Through out the first weekend me and my family picked up other families at the airport. Once they were all here I then realized there was no turning back. I had to make a film. I kept waiting for the shoe to drop and it never did. For the most part things ran smoothly even with me in charge. Did it go perfectly? Not even close. But we hung together as a team and did it. Did I overestimate my skills? Oh gawd no. But I hired the perfect DP that picked up the slack that I seemed to drop on more than one occasion.

But the other teens from across the US left back to their cities hoping I would make a sequel or another movie next summer. I will make another movie.

Things I will do differently. Hire a couple of "A" (the smart ones/I'm dyslexic so Im a c student) students from my high school. I will get a script intern, a scheduler intern, a go get lunch intern. A prop intern. I WAS ALL OF THEM AND ACTED IN THIS MOVIE. Then 3 days a week after 12 hour days I had to go to work at Pizza Hut. I will take off work next summer.

By the way, I used all of my own money from acting and Pizza Hut. Now, I am starting a indigogo campaign to raise money for the post stuff. It made sense for me to start the campaign after the movie was in the can.

* I do believe my movie will be good even with me in charge. If I dont believe in it who will?

There's a difference between having confidence in your film and dismissing people who are trying help you that they just don't understand your perfect vision that is "so much more" than anything else.

I think the trailer alone should give some kind of idea about the quality of the film.

And if after seeing the trailer the customer still wants to see the movie, well no point to ask a refund after that :)

But in the same time, if all the movie makers would be wise and experienced and wait untill they have money and skill and resources there would not be movies like Manos: Hands of Fate, The Room, Trolls 2, Glen or Glenda etc.

And that would be a great shame. Sometimes it is so nice to see really bad movies:)

Back