tv Game of Thrones patch updates

sfoster

Staff Member
Game of Thrones wasn't so well received, lets update the series with some patches!

Here we go - Spoilers lol.

Melisandre is super depressed after stannis dies, takes off her necklace, gets old and lays in bed.
She dies peacefully in her sleep.

Sir Alliser Thorne challenges Jon Snow to a fair fight to the death instead of stabbing him in the belly like a coward.
Jon Snow fights thorne and he wins (he's never killed/resurrected)

Danearies marries Dickon Tarly to unite her rule over the seven kingdoms. Father Lord Randyll Tarly becomes a devout follower of Danny.
Danny awards Samwell high honors and praise for saving Jorah, earning him the respect of his father. Sam is welcomed back into his family with honor.
Randyll is now more understanding about Gilly. That she has lived in a house and been sheltered her entire life, lived in one spot, without any semblance of a wildling lifestyle, and isn't actually a wildling. Widllings are nomadic killers.

Arya likes the song that Ed Sheeran is singing and complements his voice.
She kills him and takes his face, then from time to time pops on a little Ed Sheeran face at gatherings to use his singing voice as a party trick.

Sansa never marries Ramsay Bolton, Little finger never betrays her trust and he continues to manipulate her.
She marries little finger and together they kill arya with poison, blame bran and execute him.

Sansa refuses to bend the knee to Danearies, unites behind the vale and the wildlings with Jon.
Danny attacks the north, the tarlys join in bc they hate the wildlings and are loyal to danny.

Now Jon Snow has to fight against his best friend, Samwell Tarly, and the dragon queen.
It's like Jon vs Igrid all over again, such a disaster for Jon

Last edited:
Game of Thrones wasn't so well received?

I get that a lot of people questioned the writing after Martin's books ran out, but still, I think it holds the all time record for popularity across the series.

Game of Thrones wasn't so well received?

I get that a lot of people questioned the writing after Martin's books ran out, but still, I think it holds the all time record for popularity across the series.
The sunk cost fallacy made people keep watching.
That and you don't know how bad the ending is until after you've seen it.

Last edited:
It was rushed, I didn't think it was that bad. It was like the Matrix Resurrected, they took an A tier product and finished off on a C+. If you've ever watched a show on the CW, season 8 of GOT was like a Picasso by comparison. There was that one episode where they forgot to bring the lighting equipment, but overall, not bad. I think you are right in that there were a lot of interesting ways this could have gone that they didn't explore, but you know, hindsight is 20/20.

The last scene with the reformation council was stupid, and I think Bran was a terrible choice for the new king. I would have been happier with Tyrion taking over.

Personally, I thought GOT needed less Ed Sheeran, rather than more.

What I really wanted was a longer plotline for the temple of the faceless men. That kind of went nowhereish.

Back