Future professions

If you become a doctor, let me know who you are so I don't have you doing my heart surgery when I'm old. I don't think I want to be operated on by someone thinking about films! :lol:

Maybe pick a high earning profession where you don't have to be 100% focused or someone dies. ;)

Just a thought

What makes you think that? If anyone likes filmmaking, they can't be 100% focused or perform surgeries? If you've read through the posts, you would see that I'm careful, responsible and not reckless. That's the point of the topic. What's your problem?:weird:

Yeah, my plan so far is to go to a decent university, get a degree in English but also go to a film school, then maybe ease into the industry with a self-made feature.

I know it's delusional to set out plans at my age, but it's kind of what I want to do. Filmmaking as a hobby is...I don't really want that to be an option/"last resort".

get a degree in English but also go to a film school

Which degree: Bachelor's? Master's? You plan to go to a film school after you get your degree? Do you seek a degree in film, too, or just have an intention to learn there without getting a degree? How do you plan to make a feature?

Yeah, my plan so far is to go to a decent university, get a degree in English but also go to a film school, then maybe ease into the industry with a self-made feature.

I know it's delusional to set out plans at my age, but it's kind of what I want to do. Filmmaking as a hobby is...I don't really want that to be an option/"last resort".

It's not delusional! Make a plan, follow that plan and achieve your goal! And i always thought that you got to have a lot of luck to make it. I found out that's not true! Make your own luck! If you set out to do something, go for it! I have read your script a while back! It's great! You've got the talent! Just pursue your dream!

Which degree: Bachelor's? Master's? You plan to go to a film school after you get your degree? Do you seek a degree in film, too, or just have an intention to learn there without getting a degree? How do you plan to make a feature?

Well, a university with a film program, so I could do both at once. A feature could be done on the side, on the weekends with some friends, possibly. But that's just a bare-bones plan, so far.

Back