• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

free stock footage...or not

I am looking for stock footage on a starry sky. I found a great sight for explosions like www.detonationfilms.net that both sells and offers free stock footage. I found another sight that had beautiful stars but it had a long list of copyright infringements...and I was looking for something that wasn't so tight...

I want to use it for tv....I use Sony Vegas and their stars (for lack of a better word) really suck! They are basically a cluster of yellow dots...no life...for me to give them life I have to spend more time than I care to just to make a few sparkle.

So if you know of a place that offers or sells really excellent starry skys....without a long list of what you CANNOT do with it...can you please share? I am doing something Halloween...

Is this a space scene, or a nighttime sky scene.

Check video blocks. sign up for 7 day unlimited downloads for free! I did it just for a similar need, (clouds not starts, but same thingish) royalty free.. I think..

Is this a space scene, or a nighttime sky scene.

Check video blocks. sign up for 7 day unlimited downloads for free! I did it just for a similar need, (clouds not starts, but same thingish) royalty free.. I think..

...and on the note of royalty free, how on earth would they know you used their footage? If you doctored it up a bit, changed the color, the glare all that stuff...could they say I recogonize my starry sky? I didn't grant you permission to use it in the manner of which you are? Just wondering what are the odds?

Free Stock Footage

Kazee,

I have a starry sky clip up on my stock footage blog. I believe the clip is located in the "Timelapse" tab at the top of the blog.

If it is something that is useful to you, you are more than welcome to download it and use it. All of the clips I have are free to download and use for ANYTHING.

I also have other Halloween themed clips, check out the "Holiday" section of the blog.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

...and on the note of royalty free, how on earth would they know you used their footage? If you doctored it up a bit, changed the color, the glare all that stuff...could they say I recogonize my starry sky? I didn't grant you permission to use it in the manner of which you are? Just wondering what are the odds?

This is what character is about. You might also be surprised to find digital watermarks in the footage.

Kazee,

I have a starry sky clip up on my stock footage blog. I believe the clip is located in the "Timelapse" tab at the top of the blog.

If it is something that is useful to you, you are more than welcome to download it and use it. All of the clips I have are free to download and use for ANYTHING.

I also have other Halloween themed clips, check out the "Holiday" section of the blog.

Hope this helps,

Jeff

Thanks! I will check it out. I did end up purchasing a starry sky for $10 that was royalty free. However now I find I am in need of some other stuff...like inside of a dark and dreary castle...that sort of thing...the exterior of the castle I am using basically a dolls house...but I need the inside.

Back