Fog Machine

Okay so I need a Fog machine. I got one today but I dont produce a lot of fog. I was wondering what are some good fog machines. Or if anyone has one for sale. I want one that produces a lot of fog. I am trying to get the fog to come underneath a door. Its a sliding door going into the kitchen. I could alway open the door just enough to get the fog out. But I think it would look better underneath door.

Okay so I need a Fog machine. I got one today but I dont produce a lot of fog. I was wondering what are some good fog machines. Or if anyone has one for sale. I want one that produces a lot of fog. I am trying to get the fog to come underneath a door. Its a sliding door going into the kitchen. I could alway open the door just enough to get the fog out. But I think it would look better underneath door.

Have you tried a big block of dry ice and a pan of water? And then I would suppose a fan to guide it where you want.

Most decent foggers (different than hazers) will cost at least a few hundred.

For fast, billowing smoke try filling up a garbage bag with fog, attaching the bottom to a flattened cereal box or similar hollow, thin and wide tube to direct the smoke, put it against the bottom of the door then quickly compress the bag so all the smoke goes out. If that makes sense?

We've done it with tubes and pipes before, but being under the door you'll probably want something flat. You still won't get a ton though. The fog rises at least a few feet off the ground so trying to fill up a room hoping it will spill under won't work. You can also try fans?

Actually, for the smoke you want a fan and dry ice will probably be your best bet!

How long do you need it for? I rented a Rosco machine from Samy's in LA for relatively cheap. We only needed it for the single day, however. I think it was about $30 for the day, pus about $18 for the Rosco water-based fluid.

Last edited:
you might check your machine.. took me a while to realize that my juice take up hose was kinked inside the bottle and would not pull enough juice to get the smoke going..

Not sure what machine you've got, but the Rosco also had knobs on the back, one of which was numbered 1-9 and was a 'level' of smoke, with 1 being very little smoke being spurted out and 9 being a lot. On 9, as the smoke dispersed it looked like the room was on fire, at 1 it was hardly noticeable.

my cheap little fog machine (good will Halloween special) blows a ton of smoke and I can point it where I want.

Same here. I've had very good success with those. They aren't ideal as they smella bit and can leave residue, but at 1/10th the cost of a "pro" one I have no complaints. All that fog in my profile pic (Kohlman Files poster) was created with one.

I used to use the glycerin based fog juice in a propane bug fogger. Worked quite well, and the bonus was that I didn't need access to electricity to use it.

Back