• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch first short film

Cool man! Congrats on your first film!
Constructive would be:
:12 actor looks at camera.
Also the actor breaks the plane :37 to :38 (if that was his own eye), look up the 180 degree rule.
Post more!

Basically you have the finger pointing one way, then the eye looking from the other so it looks like someone looking back... you could flip that eye horizontally... or keep it and learn from it, but that's the idea. :)

180 rule is broken. There doesnt appear to be a clear story. The colors are appealing. I think the problems are with the concept of space and moving the camera with motivation rather than for the sake of movement. The audience never wants to feel disoriented, so a few adjustments and youre golden.

I feel like I have seen this exact same film as an 'mid' section to another longer length short film, pretty much shot for shot but with a different actor/location a now it bothering me because I cant remember the name of the short

I feel like I have seen this exact same film as an 'mid' section to another longer length short film, pretty much shot for shot but with a different actor/location a now it bothering me because I cant remember the name of the short
huh that is weird...if you ever find the name of the short please let me know.

I like it, especially that extreme close-up of the eye. Interesting colors and lighting too, agreed. Impressive start.

Last edited:
Back