cast Finding Child Actor

sfoster

Staff Member
I’m beginning my search for a child actress next week. Aiming for an 11 year old white girl to play an elf in my Christmas action movie.

Somehow I don’t think the normal actors mailing list and Facebook groups will cut it. I need to branch out to parents and different areas.
i suppose I could try contacting a casting director or talent agency.
Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Maybe a cool idea of where I could find one.

I do know a couple girls but I want to have all my options considered. That’s the job right? Consider all the options.

She looks great... Good job!

Thanks it was a good learning experience and she earned the role with her audition.
the razzle dazzle elf is gonna look amazing completed with that razzmatazz color.

The 3rd wig looked great for a witch.
I could totally use this look for my gerda young witch script

I didn't mention that i have a folder of other child based scripts though. gotta keep her focused on the task at hand.

Last edited:
I'm late into this thread, but, when you deal with children, you may want a social worker to be on site, to prevent allegations of child abuse or child neglect. There are professional agencies that provide people with degrees in social work, and they can be vital to prevent intervention from the state's child-protection ministry.

Last edited:
Finding a child actor is difficult when the role of Social Worker has to be given to it.
I'm late into this thread, but, when you deal with children, you may want a social worker to be on site, to prevent allegations of child abuse or child neglect. There are professional agencies that provide people with degrees in social work, and they can be vital to prevent intervention from the state's child-protection ministry.

I have the mom on set at all times so its not a problem.

I’m beginning my search for a child actress next week. Aiming for an 11 year old white girl to play an elf in my Christmas action movie.

Somehow I don’t think the normal actors mailing list and Facebook groups will cut it. I need to branch out to parents and different areas.
i suppose I could try contacting a casting director or talent agency.
Anyone have any thoughts on the matter? Maybe a cool idea of where I could find one.

I do know a couple girls but I want to have all my options considered. That’s the job right? Consider all the options.
have you tried STARNOW or BACKSTAGE. the two belong together and are nearly identical. if you're lucky they will let you post for free. if not its affordable.

Back