Filmmakers Wanted... Anyone... anywhere!

Guys, I know we have been down the 'indie talk movie' route a million times BUT I am looking for filmmakers to contribute (at the moment in theory as I am still putting together the project) to a UK sci-fi horror film to be done in the way of Cloverfiled. It's a feature film and will have a top US sales agent attached. I will be ultra-low budget and self funded by my company.

The story is still underwraps but It starts about conspiracy so what I need a series of web cam videos and then some outdoor shots of the towns... it will make sense once the project comes together.

So really one actor and you. Everyone involved will get some form of credit to be discussed as we firm up the details.

Ideally I want as diverse locations as possible - not all US based although NY, Vegas landmarks would be ace.

Can be DV/HDV either is fine.

So:

1. Who is intersted/able to help?
2. Where are you based?

Let the debate begin!

Phil, I'm in Milan, Italy, these days... but I'm picking my camera kit up from a friend at Cannes 08, next week.

I'd be happy to help out.

By the way... I've also just developed a fast, cheap, guerilla CGI process, so if you need any odd effects done I maybe able to help.

Feel free to drop me a line.

... Oh, in the irony department I've just started work on a movie which is all based on webcams... great minds huh! LOL

Last edited:
I'm interested.

I'm in Los Angeles - could do something in Santa Barbara and
a trip to Vegas to shoot something would be kinda fun.

Interested. Houston, TX. Or the gulf, the port of Houston, the refineries...

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast south of Houston as well. Got to be careful filming around the refineries since they increased security. They won't even allow cel phones with cameras on their properties.

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast south of Houston as well. Got to be careful filming around the refineries since they increased security. They won't even allow cel phones with cameras on their properties.

Who says I'd be on their property?

I have family in the oil business. I won't have any problems getting the footage. Getting rights to show it might be a challenge, though. Heck, I might even be able to get footage on a gulf rig.

Trust me. I wouldn't show anything that would compromise security.

Last edited:
Guys amazing. Superb in fact. I'm working on putting teh story together now (which is harder than it sounds!!!)

In terms of requirements: You'll all need one or two actors. No one famous/well known (yeah I know but you haev to say it incase)./ The idea is to film a series of vignettes but will prob be adlibbed around a few promt cards/events.

Again more soon. Any more interest?

Who says I'd be on their property?

I have family in the oil business. I won't have any problems getting the footage. Getting rights to show it might be a challenge, though. Heck, I might even be able to get footage on a gulf rig.

Trust me. I wouldn't show anything that would compromise security.

You're lucky there, though still even if you are not on the property they may not like anyone filming their plant even from a distance. So having inside connections is useful.

You're lucky there, though still even if you are not on the property they may not like anyone filming their plant even from a distance. So having inside connections is useful.

With your equipment and my insiders (and you must have some connections in the industry, too - actors?), could be interesting. All I have at my disposal is an XL1s (with manual lens) and an ME66. Were you expressing interest by responding? :)

Of course, this all depends on the story. I have some interested talent, just not very experienced talent.

With your equipment and my insiders (and you must have some connections in the industry, too - actors?), could be interesting. All I have at my disposal is an XL1s (with manual lens) and an ME66. Were you expressing interest by responding? :)

Of course, this all depends on the story. I have some interested talent, just not very experienced talent.

Actually I'm working to get into the animation industry. Most of my connections are with animators and artists. The majority of my gear is setup for stop motion animation. I have thought about making a sci-fi film ala Harryhausen where I mix live action with a stop motion monster using back screen projection.

Back