Filming more often

Challenges seem to be doing a lot for people here.

Ah yes well I don't have your experience or client list ;)
Sounds like you mostly film over weekends? Do you have a day job too?

Some good news for me, I had a moment of inspiration last night. New idea for a one or two page crime thriller! Maybe I'll write that today

I'm just an amateur with a day job so shoot on weekends. When I started on this journey, I was an idiot with a camera. I'm still an idiot with a camera but I just shoot, shoot, shoot.

It's been a bumpy ride as most people on IT don't seem to like what I do. For example, when I put this in the screening room, I was flamed to death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNrFPTQqVI - However, I don't care because when I shot it, the artist was a complete unknown, zero fan base and now she has fans, bookings, can walk into bars and tell them she'll being a couple of hundred fans with her and makes money. Most importantly, it was an amazing learning experience and the moment when I realised the direction I wanted to go in.

I know what I love, I'm learning how to do this and the only way is to get out there and do it. So if you want to do it, you'll do it. If you don't, you won't. Either way, I know what I'm going to be doing.

I'm just aI thought amateur with a day job so shoot on weekends. When I started on this journey, I was an idiot with a camera. I'm still an idiot with a camera but I just shoot, shoot, shoot.

It's been a bumpy ride as most people on IT don't seem to like what I do. For example, when I put this in the screening room, I was flamed to death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYNrFPTQqVI - However, I don't care because when I shot it, the artist was a complete unknown, zero fan base and now she has fans, bookings, can walk into bars and tell them she'll being a couple of hundred fans with her and makes money. Most importantly, it was an amazing learning experience and the moment when I realised the direction I wanted to go in.

I know what I love, I'm learning how to do this and the only way is to get out there and do it. So if you want to do it, you'll do it. If you don't, you won't. Either way, I know what I'm going to be doing.

Not sure why you got flamed for that, i thought it was good...especially for a beginner who is still figuring it out.

Back