FILM SCHOOL?

My name is Salvador Sahagun. I live in Bothell Washington. I'm a junior in high school with about a 3.2 gpa, I wrestle, and am an FBLA member. my parents say i have to go to college and get a major. I was wondering with my GPA and the amount of extracirricular i do, what would be a good university to go to and study Filmmaking?
Thanks

SNS

I believe USC is more known for their graduate program, and NYU, UCLA for undergraduate, but yeah, can't go wrong there.

I don't know of anything in Toronto, but I've heard something about a good school in BC. I'm sure there's something in Toronto too, given its size and all the film activity that happens there..

the best film school is Robert Rodriguez, buy his books, watch his movies with the extras on the DVDs and just make movies!!!

all you need is your friends, a High Def, Hard Drive camera, and premiere elements or final cut (not pro) and just bust on it. a $1000 PC! $1000 to $1500 camera, $150 software... BABOOM!

i just dont hear about a load of successful film makers flooding out of ucla, usc, nyu. most of them get jobs in the industry i suppose. but if you really love it, START NOW! make lots of little bad ones, learn and keep on going. much cheaper too!

at least look at your favorite movies and/or directors and/or film makers, read up on their bios. lots just do it.

For Toronto, it's Ryerson U. They've got the best program that gets u a degree 2 put on ze walllz.

"Toronto Film School" is something I hear mixed bag reviews about. Some people praise it highly, others call it a big cash grab, some people pay the 25K for 15months of equipment rental... but you pretty much have to research the schools anyway, so yeah...

That's not "it" for Toronto, but those are the most commonly talked about.

here in our place . . the workshops are worth 2,300 pesos convert to dollars its almost 50 bucks. . . and while in workshop they pay for your shorts. . .at a limited cost of course. .

what you guys think about workshops about films? for about two months only? . .

If you have little to no experience in filmmaking at all, two months for $50 dollars isn't too bad an investment in my opinion. It will at least let you know what it is you are in for, give you some tips, show you how to use a camera. How involved is the workshop?

-- spinner :cool:

Back