Film Festivals - Do You Go?

Do you go to watch films at film festivals?

• Yes, more than a few each year

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yes, maybe one or two film fests a year

Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Yes, but only if I have a film screening too

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • No, I don't attend film fests at all.

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
So I was just wondering... a forum full of filmmakers, right? Do any of you attend film festivals, as an audience member? Quick informal poll. :cool:

I try to make a couple of small local festivals a year. I have yet to make it to a bigger one. Sidewalk Film Festival just happened in Birmingham and I so wish I could have afforded to take off work. I only go if I happen to be off work, I don't go out of my way to attend. I also just learned that the small festival in my city is starting back up and will be next month so I will definitely be attending that.

I try to make a couple of small local festivals a year. I have yet to make it to a bigger one. Sidewalk Film Festival just happened in Birmingham and I so wish I could have afforded to take off work. I only go if I happen to be off work, I don't go out of my way to attend. I also just learned that the small festival in my city is starting back up and will be next month so I will definitely be attending that.

I went to Sidewalk last year, very cool fest in an amazing theater.

As much of a newbie as I am, I have managed to make it one very nice local, but incredibly tiny, festival. I have also driven to several other cities for their screenings of 48 hour projects-- but no, I have not yet attended a major festival.

I go to festivals all the time. From the 48hr one to local colleges to
little vanity fests to majors. To me it's essential as a filmmaker to
see what others are doing. Frankly I prefer the small, local fests to
the majors. You really see what the "beginners" are doing.

One-time bump for the Saturday night crowd. :cool:

Poll results are sekrit - feel free to wax on in the thread, though. :)

Some years I hit more than others. The Three Rivers Film Fest here in Pittsburgh is beyond awesome. Add to that the 48 (which I go to if I'm involved) and a couple horror fests, it's a pretty good town for that sort of thing.

I don't get to a lot for festivals, one each year if I'm lucky, and only a screening or two.

Then, of course, if I'm busy I don't have the time and spend what little extra time I have with my family. If I'm not busy I have to save my money and do LOTS of marketing. Then I'll get to some screenings for networking/marketing purposes.

I have to admit I only go when I have a film screening or a friend does. I'm also getting snobby about good projection to be honest. ;)

Back