Expression of Appreciation

Dear IT folk,

I wish to express my sincerest appreciation for the perspectives I have learned here over the last few months.

As a modest indication that I've actually been paying attention, I'd like to share the tiniest bit of that reflection from a rather small term paper I recently received a decent enough grade on.
(FWIW, the class is for project management. Shocker: Ray's working on a BSBA/BBA)!

Reformatted version w/ hotlinks and such: >> CLICK ME, BABY! <<

Although only a small aspect of the final paper, without the information I scoured from the hundreds of threads and thousands of posts I've read here, I would not have thought to consider the initial stages of independent filmmaking as a part of a greater process as a conforming subject for project management.

Thank you, everyone!

Ray

Last edited:
Dang, Adventure & Action are in front of Horror for indies? Never would have suspected that, judging by the million-and-one zombie flicks that get churned out each year.

Still, I didn't do any real research. Looks like you did, though, and that's a heck of a sweet grade you ended up receiving. Well done!

Congrats on the grade! And yes, this really is a great resource-I populate a few other boards of different subjects, and by far this is the friendliest, "troll-free" boards I've encountered, with everyone wanting to help out, great you got such knowledge out of it! :)

(Whoops! Forgot about my own thread! No brains = no headaches!)

Thank you, guys!

Yeah, this really is one of the nicest places I've hung out at.
Lots of experience accompanied with a fantastic "community workshop" culture.

You guys are all great.
I sincerely appreciate you.

Ray

I'll be adding this to my summer reading. From the 100/100 grade I'll consider it an "IndieTalk Bestseller" ;) You have quite a way with words!

Cheers.

Excellent job, Ray! Threadrememberingbrains or no ;)

Dang, Adventure & Action are in front of Horror for indies? Never would have suspected that, judging by the million-and-one zombie flicks that get churned out each year.

But have you noticed that most of those zombie films are action movies rather than horror films? I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that, I like a good monster action movie, but it does seem that even in big budget non-indie films, horror as a genre has lost zombies. I wonder when/how/why that happened.

Back