Experimental animator and novelist with unrealistic ambitions!

.... because why should ambitions be something as boring as realistic?

Hi, name is Henry, I was guided to this site by somone over at the Blender animation community, where I usually post my ramblings about my efforts to make tools to makee animation cheap and easy for filmmakers. Mostly because I WANT to make movies, and financing is Heck! My current test project, Powerful, is now getting out of the "oh my god that looks horrible" stage and should soon enter the "well, I guess teeeechnically, it's a movie" stage. It's all experimental, for developing tools and pipelines. Oh, and I run a cat shelter, which would be great to finance with some of that movie money we all know is just out there for the grabbing (*cough*).
On movies, I like mysteries and oddities, although in my advancing age, I've become a bit obsessed with visuals, too. I findmyself weirdly drawn to movies like TRON LEGACY just for the visuals (and Daft Punk soundtrack), while still craving my Shutter Islands and such for the cerebral fix. I miss more strange and slightly unconventional movies,although I don't have the mind for truly fringe artistry (I liked Mulholland Drive, though...). And of course, I am writing some novels I hope to make into movies one day. These days, who isn't really.
I mainly joined to learn more about cinematography, because this is clearly what I need to advance the Powerful test project! That and some better screenwriting. And better voiceacting. And.... oh god, so much....
Feel free to ask if you have questions, I'll see if I can answer them!

Thank you all! My work is not that spectator friendly yet. It's a lot of technical experimentation and a lot of testing and weird coding. But what is there is on my Youtube channel, which is a clutterbox of randomness for now; cleanup comes when content grows. Right now, I am seeking to improve the skills I lack, and maybe get to know people that would be future collaborators. I hope to find a way around the big industry types and carve out a little something of my own, as I imagine many do, and who knows, maybe IndieTalk is that vital piece of the puzzle that I'm missing ;)

If you're interested in chatting about a collaborative project with some fellow animators, feel free to drop in and chat with us over at discord. We're doing a project you might be compatible with from your description. I'm a big Tron fan and blender user myself!

If you're interested in chatting about a collaborative project with some fellow animators, feel free to drop in and chat with us over at discord. We're doing a project you might be compatible with from your description. I'm a big Tron fan and blender user myself!

I was absent for a while, the invite has elapsed...

Back