• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

EVIL DWELLS WITHIN

I think the trailer shows it off, pretty well. It's no Sony A7S III, but it does fairly well in low light. For 1/4th the price of the Sony, the Blackmagic is hard to beat. It has a flexible shutter, plus shooting in RAW at native ISOs (400 and 3200) allow you to really tweak the shots, in Davinci Resolve. Try and use a fast lens, if possible.

you want to use some lighting, otherwise, your blacks won't be dark.

In the following framegrab, you can see a mountain. Las Vegas is on the other side of it, hence the glow. I loved how well the Blackmagic picked it up.

NightMountain.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, IndieTalk! I would have deleted this thread and started over, but I can't. Any chance of retitling this thread to the movie's title? EVIL DWELLS WITHIN

I purposely kept it on the down low, until we got our new makeup FX shots. The above trailer is now moot. Here's the same trailer, but with our new "Marilyn."

Last edited:
Looks really good man! low light shoots can be a real challenge on a budget, but you seem to be doing well!
Thanks! My dream is to have a light rig hanging from a crane. I love those, but for now, a few light stands will suffice. Btw, I was impressed with some filmmakers who did the "crane trick" with a cherry picker and 2,000 watt light.

I have the Metabones Speed Booster Ultra (.71 boost factor) for my BMPCC 4K, so my f1.2 glass clocks in at f0.85. If you get a modified Dream Lens, it will clock in at f0.67.
Wow, that sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing that.

Just edited this, last night. Scary scenes, are often balanced by humorous scenes. Here's a sneak peak at a couple of gamer characters. Contains strong language, so beware if that offends you.

re: Evil Dwells Within
Cool trailer and awesome casting! All of the acting/actors were spot on/Hollywood caliber imo.

Bedroom_2.59.1.jpg

Cool trailer and awesome casting! All of the acting/actors were spot on/Hollywood caliber imo.

Thanks, Indietalk! This really is an exceptional cast, through and through. Not a weak performer in the whole bunch. Cast credit goes to the producer, Robert Krause. He really hit this out of the park, both with his casting and writing. While he doesn't have a lot of experience, his instincts are phenomenal.

The Charmed joke is a little dated though isn't it? For these young kids? :D

Also, a little "wind/brushing on the mic" type noise or rumble, very low, right ear, when in car.

The Charmed joke is a little dated though isn't it? For these young kids? :D
All the kids in the trailer are from a 1999 flashback. The gamer kids are 2021.

I will check the wind/brushing noise. EDIT - that's the sound of the car pulling up. It goes long though.

Last edited:
Makes sense! It didn't actually bother me I mean, I know the Honeymooners too so lol.

Back