Ever change the movie title after you filmed the movie?

My film is called " The Lucky Ones". Thinking of changing it for different reasons. Oliver Twist remake based in 21st century.

a. the zac efron's movie has the same title. It might confuse peoples judgement.
b. it's an Oliver Twist remake for the 21st century~thinking of changing it to "Oliver Twisted".
c. artsy title~ "A Lucky Twist of Fate"
d. one word~ "Twist"

Opinions. Thanks. This was the first trailer before cleanup.

https://vimeo.com/41314012

Password: conroygetz , if you want to see it.

I wrote a screenplay for a friend in the late 95 and he renamed
it "Oliver Twisted". I can't even remember what it was called
when I wrote it.

If you're not completely sold on your title, I think you absolutely must change it. FWIW, I'm also not completely sold on the title of my next feature, and I absolutely plan on changing it.

Haven't seen your movie, so I don't know if it fits, but I like Dennis' suggestion -- "Twist". :)

Always make sure you have a different title to any films that have gone before, or, as you say, this can be very confusing.

This is why racing horses always have colourful names, because no two horses that compete can ever have the same name. Should be applied to films really.

VERY common for multiple films to have the same name, just don't want it to be too recent.. 109 was originally called 9, but there had been a film 9 within the past few years so I changed it.

Back