movies Downsizing

I watched it and thought it was really good, the critics didn't overall think so at the time of release 5 years ago. I do think the movie is way ahead of its time as a recent reviewer has said.

Have you seen it, what did you think of it?

Last edited:
I thought it started strong and then lost it's way. It was doing great as a high concept sci fi movie, and then kind of devolved into a kind of average drama. It somehow managed to be both great and boring at the same time. It's weird how few people have seen this movie, considering the cast.

It was marketed as a comedy and then it wasn't a comedy and so i HATED it when it came out.
I was with a girl, on a sort-a date, idk, but she fell asleep during the movie

Last edited:
I thought it started strong and then lost it's way. It was doing great as a high concept sci fi movie, and then kind of devolved into a kind of average drama. It somehow managed to be both great and boring at the same time. It's weird how few people have seen this movie, considering the cast.
How do you keep such a concept going, without drama? I get it, it fell flat, but...to make a movie out of something so cool for two hours without...filler/drama, how do you do it? How does it always stay on point/craft attention?:)

maybe it cant? Its tricks are up? The audience is already wise to the books?

Last edited:
How do you keep such a concept going, without drama? I get it, it fell flat, but...to make a movie out of something so cool for two hours without...filler/drama, how do you do it? How does it always stay on point/craft attention?:)

Well for starters they basically only had ONE prop in the entire movie that was oversized as far as i can remember?

I mean, the Island did it, and that's a Michael Bay film.

Back