Dexter: is it just me, or does this season feel different?

I've watched the first 2 episodes of the new season of Dexter. It's one of my favorite shows, but the new episodes seem kind of dry and mechanical compared to previous seasons. Is it just me, or is anyone else noticing a difference, maybe in the pacing or soundtrack?

This being the final season, I'm thinking maybe they are moving the plot forward quickly at the expense of their usual meticulous artistry. Or maybe it's just that the new material feels a little too familiar after 5 years of this formula.

Havent read whatever u posted above incase there are spoilers. Im waiting till all the eps are out so i can watch together over a couple of days or so. I cant wait week by week.

But your thread title suggests it's not so good this season.

:(

Uh, so far the new religious theme has reinvigorated the writing on the show as far as I'm concerned. Not too different, but more thematic and interesting.

It seems a little flat to me too. Perhaps it is due to each episode not really ending very dramatically. They used to end with more of a cliffhanger, but instead they are just hanging on Edward James Olmos and Colin Hanks characters who, so far, just aren't that interesting. Also, Quinn seems like he has turned into a soap opera character.

You can clearly see where the story is heading, so I'm sure they are saving the drama for a bit later in the season.

I understand this is the final season. It reminds me of Forever Knight in its' final season with religious overtones. I wonder if it will end the same way. I won't say anymore.

I will say it is very much Dexter. With 5 seasons made already, it will take more of a build up for surprise twists and turns, since fans already know a lot about Dexter.

Back